Widebody BMW 135i SEMA Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widebody BMW 135i SEMA Project

Just wanted to share with you guys a project that we have been working on. 2009 BMW 135i that we acquired the car back in October with 600 miles on it. Car was pretty much brand new and for the price we got it for it was definitely a steal!

We will be bringing the car to SEMA under AirLift Performance
    and we definitely could not have built it without our generous sponsors

Airlift
    TaperPro USA
    R1 Concepts
    Khartunerz
    Ak Airbrushing and Autobody
    Continental Tires
    Synapse Engineering
    Amsoil
    Ak Airbrushing and Autobody
    Magnaflow
    Odyssey Batteries
    N5tuner

Modlist:

Performance/Engine Dressup: Injen SP Intake, Exoticspeed S1 Exhaust, Cyba Scoops, Evolution Racewerks Carbon Fiber Engine Cover, Evolution Racewerks Charge Pipe, Tial Bov, Ambient Thermal Managment FMIC

Interior Modifications:

Exterior Modifications: Kerscher 1M Front bumper, Aeroworks Performance Front lip, Gloss Black Grills, BMW Performance Side Skirts, RG Carbon Fiber Diffuser, 20% Tint, BMW Euro Blackline Taillights, APR Rods, N5tuner Widebody Front Fenders, Fiber Nation BM Carbon Hood, Fibernation Carbon Trunk, Aerocatch Hood pins, N5tuner Widebody

Tires Wheels Suspension and Brakes: SSR SP4, BMW 1M Brake Ducts, Cusco Strut Bar, Air Lift Air Suspension Setup with 2 Viair Compressors, Aif Lift V2 management, Brembo Brakes

On to the pics:

needs the wheels to be a tad wider
    Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
    and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
    S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
      I wish I could but I'm maxed out if I want to air out all the way. Don't like running too much camber either

Comment

Looks really clean. OEM. The side skirt into rear fender is interesting! Good work!

Comment

I agree with this. Wide body needs wider wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Trptguy View Post
            I agree with this. Wide body needs wider wheels.
            wide body = wide wheels.........
            sigpic

Comment

11.5 on a regular one series is pretty dam wide lol I want this build to be aesthetically appealing while maintaining daily driving functionality and with a 295 tire on the back this is as wide as we can go.

Comment

I agree as well. If it's suppose to be a SEMA car I would expect the boundary to be pushed. I like the car. But as it sits leaves something to be desired. This looks like it would have been more aggressive if it had stock bodywork and pulled fenders with these wheels.

I respect the work involved. But if all that work was put into it I can't understand why it couldn't have been built to be able to air out without tons of camber if that is your concern.

Case in point. You see all these VW's on this forum aired out and the fender sits right between the rim and the tire because someone took the time to measure it out. Heck, there are several BMWs that are doing the same thing.

I'm not trying to sound negative. But if I see the word SEMA on a title I expect limits to be pushed. It's has a wide body but doesn't have that wide body aggressiveness.

Like a woman with a padded bra. You get all excited only to realize it's not quite what you thought you were in for.
                DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Oh great, another sponsored build that is solely doing it for money and fame. You on IG too bro?
                  Instagram: yobrandonnn

Comment

Not bad. Cant stand how the rear arch covers the rockers though.

Comment

Originally posted by los02 View Post
                      I agree as well. If it's suppose to be a SEMA car I would expect the boundary to be pushed. I like the car. But as it sits leaves something to be desired. This looks like it would have been more aggressive if it had stock bodywork and pulled fenders with these wheels.

I respect the work involved. But if all that work was put into it I can't understand why it couldn't have been built to be able to air out without tons of camber if that is your concern.

Case in point. You see all these VW's on this forum aired out and the fender sits right between the rim and the tire because someone took the time to measure it out. Heck, there are several BMWs that are doing the same thing.

I'm not trying to sound negative. But if I see the word SEMA on a title I expect limits to be pushed. It's has a wide body but doesn't have that wide body aggressiveness.

Like a woman with a padded bra. You get all excited only to realize it's not quite what you thought you were in for.

Agreed, saw sema in thread title and wasn't too impressed.

Originally posted by FRSBrndn View Post
                      Oh great, another sponsored build that is solely doing it for money and fame. You on IG too bro?
                      How did you miss the giant IG watermark in every picture?

Comment

Originally posted by Skraight. View Post
                        How did you miss the giant IG watermark in every picture?
                        It was more so a sarcastic question. It seems like people that build cars or are in the "scene" now days do it for Instagram. It's not even about the passion, it's about the fame.

Comment

It's not even about the passion, it's all about the fame.

Comment

jeeze, so much fucking **** in this thread! Everybody needs to calm their tits, I personally think the car looks sick!
                            1976 Volvo 245 Build

Comment

Originally posted by GroceryGetter67 View Post
                              jeeze, so much fucking **** in this thread! Everybody needs to calm their tits, I personally think the car looks sick!
                              And thats your opinion, just like I and many others have their own opinion. Welcome to the internet.

Comment

Working...
                              X