HRE 504 Waffle Lug Cover and Hex Cap Group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRE 504 Waffle Lug Cover and Hex Cap Group Buy

I don't post much on stanceworks but I'm a longtime and active member on r3vlimited, e30tech and mye28 (username: ACHTUNG).

I'm organizing this group buy since there seems to be a number of people who are looking for the waffle lug covers and hex caps for vintage HRE 504 series wheels. They're damn near impossible to find these days. Note that these will NOT be for the earlier produced Hayashi Racing Equipment 504 Techno R wheel.

Vince from spinfab.net (stanceworks username: 1badg35) will be producing the waffle covers and hex caps in billet.

Pic of what will be produced:

Right now I'm working on finding someone that can loan Vince a waffle lug cover (and possibly a face so the waffle covers will fit even better/tighter than the originals) to be used as a model. I have the plastic hex caps so I'll send him one to be used as a model.

Group buy details:

- We need a minimum of 5 people to commit.
    - Estimate for waffle covers is $320 for a set of four.
    - Estimate for hex caps is an additional $120 for a set of four.
    - Deposit of $50 will ensure your place on the list.
    - Production time would be 8 - 10 weeks.

Commit list:

1. ACHTUNG!
    Last edited by ACHTUNG!; 07-22-2015, 05:21 PM.

You should also make Hayashi 504 caps while you're at it. I know it's easier said then done but I have a set if you would like to borrow them.
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/imag...es/cruisin.gif

Comment

I have a guy producing the center nuts in billet. I do have a waffle they could use.

Comment

Cost and details have been added to the original post. Please let me know if you'd like to commit to the waffle caps, hex caps or a full waffle/hex set.

Comment

just so everyone sees a preview of the machining capability and the quality of the overall part that is aimed to be produced, here is the completed production piece for the bbs rs. We ran off 500 of these recently and plan on doing many more in the future. The parts for the her 504 will go through this same process and the end result will be of the same quality as the pictures below.

and installed on a face

this is the straight off the machine finish, you can see the tolerances are far superior to that of the stamped oem waffle plates. these can easily be polished, and prep for powder is about 10 seconds in a glass bead blaster.
          I personally am going to be designing and modeling the 504 parts in cad. I will likely do a 3d print or two of the prototype parts to confirm fitment, and can add info to this thread to show process as it happens once we get the interested parties involved in the GB.

---
          sigpic
          1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
          1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

any update on this? i was going to find someone to billet the caps for me because i don't like how they're plastic and mine have scratches on them. you guys got what you need or still waiting on parts?

also, anybody know where to get new vintage logo's for the caps? haven't been able to find them anywhere, was thinking of having HRE or ///HRE engraved onto the cap.

Comment

501 vs 504

Do these share the center parts? I am building a set of 501s and new caps and stickers would be brilliant.. what ever came of this?
              Attached Files

Comment

i believe they share the same parts just sandwhich mount instead of front mounting... but idk what ever happened to this thing :/

Comment

Working...
                X