Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Purple Girls Car

Sold my old bagged E30 daily:

and needed a replacement daily driver so I went and saw my mate at a local BMW wreckers and told him I wanted to get an E36 compact, but it needed to be a technoviolet Msport manual 318ti (pretty picky i know). He looked at me with a bit of a grin and showed me something on the local salvage auctions:

So he ended up bidding on it for me and I won it for $500AUD ($380USD) and it arrived at the workshop a few days later.

There was a bit more damage than I first thought and the radiator support was slightly bent. I ended up having to replace the bonnet, RHS headlight, nose cone, kidneys and repaint the front bumper.

As it was the day I got registration on it:

The car drove nicely and I resisted buying anything for it for about 3 days. Ordered a set of Fortune Auto coilovers specced to Broadway Static valving and 12kg/16kg springs. A few days later bought some wheels on Ebay UK and it was now down to waiting for it to all arrive.

Coilovers in, guards rolled and wheels on (Remotec A 17x9 +8 all round with 5mm spacer rear because i went too far with the roll lol)

Added some more camber on the front and just need to setup the front alignment now (has huge toe out)

Now I have pulled a 2.8L M52 to swap into it along with an Mcoupe LSD to make the car a bit more fun, looking to drop it in during the next few weeks

looks good so far and these go very well with the 2.8 swap
    Shuttle Build

@regiment9ine

Comment

that looks like too much fun!
      This is my signature

Comment

Nice compact but that E30 man
        IG: @blk_gtr

Comment

Originally posted by Dome View Post
          Nice compact but that E30 man
          I loved the E30 but I also have an E36 M3 powered E30 coupe and everything I looked at doing to the bagged car started turning it into less of a daily and more of the fast car...

Comment

really liking the Compact !!

Comment

Originally posted by wakdog View Post
              I loved the E30 but I also have an E36 M3 powered E30 coupe and everything I looked at doing to the bagged car started turning it into less of a daily and more of the fast car...
              Ok, than it's comprehensible that you got rid of one E30
              But it was one fine E30
              IG: @blk_gtr

Comment

think so, than it's comprehensible that you got rid of one E30

Comment

looks like too much fun!
                  Looks cool

Comment

I like this color.
                    on instagram straight flexin'

Comment

why compact? i think they are so hideous, if this was just a e36 coupe, it would be so perfect, car is nice though, i just personally dont like compact cars

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
                        why compact? i think they are so hideous, if this was just a e36 coupe, it would be so perfect, car is nice though, i just personally dont like compact cars
                        Im trying to think of a lexus I like and I'm drawing a blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wakdog View Post
                          Im trying to think of a lexus I like and I'm drawing a blank.

I don't like compacts, but I like what you've done with your car.
                          Last edited by driftsucky; 07-07-2015, 08:30 AM.
                          stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

So about 2 months ago my S50 powered E30 fell victim to a Jeep Wrangler driving onto the wrong side of the road - I had about a second to react before I hit him at ~35mph:

Roof was bent and you could put your arm between the roof and the drivers door while it was closed...

Got insurance payout on the E30 and bought it back and swapped the driveline (minus LSD) for my new project (thread will start once I have space to build a car again):

I then got the LSD out of the E30 rebuilt as a 4 clutch unit and put it along with the E30 ABS axles into the compact in preparation for the 2.8L swap:

Fast forward a few weeks and after a weekend of yelling, bending countless power steering lines, losing bolts and many beers, I have a M52 2.8L swapped compact

Comment

this is sick nor, looks simple. Glad you got ride of that lump of a motor it had
                              IG: Dimitriantoniou
                              1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
                              1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

Working...
                              X