1985 635csi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 635csi

It’s solid as hell - drives straight and stops straight. No squeaks or rattles. It comes with some spares and a euro front bumper/air dam. I LOVE it but I have 2 motorcycles and another old car that need the money right now so I’m letting the e24 go.

Exterior: She does have some small “bumps” and a couple small “pressure” dents but they are hard to see. The hood is the “worst” panel – I would re-paint and fix the small bumps and paint chips OR I have another hood that is bump-free that I could throw in with it. There is a small scratch on the driver’s side door and the nose has some paint chips as well. I would honestly say it’s a 10-footer. From 10’ away it looks almost perfect. No cracked lenses, no cracked or chipped glass. No missing trim. I have NO IDEA what happened to the original air dam! The PO told me he had traded it for a part for one if his many MGA’s…I wouldn’t have but oh well. I installed a 633 valance on the front and had it painted BEFORE I had located the euro bumper and air damn.
    Interior: The inside is great EXCEPT it looks like the PO tried to re-dye the seats and “splotched” them up. I’d use some SEM prep and leather dye and do it again if I wanted them perfect. The seats have NO rips or tears and all the controls work except for the head rest adjust. The dash is great – it does have a split but it’s not bad at all. All gauges work EXCEPT the “mileage” gauge on the tach. Windows and locks work great as well. The console around the p-brake handle has a split on it – seems like many-an e24 have this. The heater fan motor works on high only which is somewhat common and usually means a new transistor is needed on the heater fan motor. The radio works sometimes but I’m not really into car stereos so it never bothered me. The carpets are really nice – no splits or tears or bizarre stains. The headliner is in good shape as well. The little flashlight in the glove box needs a battery The door cards are damn near flawless! The trunk is like new and almost all of the tools are in the trunk tool caddy. (It’s missing a wrench, a foam insert and another tool but I forget what it was.)

Engine/Transmission: Pulls like an OX! Starts quick and runs smooth. Shifts great. The engine bay is pretty darn clean and nothing is missing EXCEPT the OEM battery hold down. It runs cool. It has a “newer” exhaust. I say “newer” because the PO had it put in and it still has the BMW part# stickers on it. The o2 sensor looks new as well. I rebuilt the shift linkage bushings with new pillow blocks on the transmission case, new coupler on the back of the transmission that the linkage arm inserts into. I also installed a new clutch master cylinder. I also have 2 new axles still in their boxes - The axles on it are fine though, I got a deal on them

Suspension: The shocks are Bilstein Sports and the springs are H&R’s.
    Tires/Wheels: Wheels are way nice with little to no curb rash. They look like style 42’s. The tires are damn near new Conti’s!
    Now the “bad”: There is a small rust spot on the very front of the right side lower trim where the trim is held on with the plastic nut. There is also some rust on the rear left fender lip – one spot that’s not terminal and one “slice” of rust on the trailing edge that I was going to cut out and weld a new patch in BUT that is all! The AC compressor just recently went south so it needs to be replaced.

If I were to keep it I’d fix the small amount of rust. Install the euro bumper, throw a short shift kit in it OR a Z3 1.9 lever on her and then I’d grab a Jim Conforti Chip to wake up the engine some and call her good! Or she’s good to go as she is of course. It’s the last of the “gentlemanly” GT’s!

142253 miles - I'm asking $7000 OBO

Many more pics here:http://s5.photobucket.com/user/emmod.../1985%20635csi

If you need any more pics or have any more questions please shoot me an email at mcclure3rd@macdotcom or call/text FIVE4ZERO 4ZERO6 SIXTEEN0EIGHT

Thanks!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by emmodg; 08-04-2015, 05:15 PM.

Bump!

Comment

New price - $5000 firm. She's just sitting under a car cover now.

Comment

Sent you a message

Comment

Working...
        X