BLACK ON BLACK - 964 and e36m3 content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLACK ON BLACK - 964 and e36m3 content

Well Ive been lurking on this site for years now and Ive decided to actually sit down and try to document some of my current car builds. At the moment the garage consists of a 1997 E36 m3 sedan and a 1990 carrera targa, both black of course..

My daily driver/autocross vehicle is the e36 m3 its got 175xxx on the chasis and 12k on a rebuilt motor. I bought it from Catuned in sac pretty much stock a few years ago.

right now its sitting on a groundcontrol setup but i swapped the springs for some some tc klein ones with a little higher rates
    18x8.5 bbs ch's
    and direzzas

now onto the 964..

me and my dad picked it up earlier this year or last year cant really remember the exact date. but it was a dream come true, 1990 carrera targa pretty clean, black paint, grey leather interior with a fresh reupholster, 2-3 owner car passed from father to son or something like that.

Only problems were it had a whale tail from a 930 turbo and the wheels were powder coated black. Not very period correct or classy in my opinion.

so we got to work finding a stock decklid with the actuated spoiler-found one
    and had the wheels powdercoated a pretty silver alloy

ordered kws and some other goodies so hopefully the mail man brings that stuff soon...

in the meantime i paid a visit to a local shop for some inspiration, lots of inspiration..

then did things with friends

and then weird noises started happening in the porsche so we broke out the tool kit and took things apart

turned out to be the alternator so the fan had to come out (gotta love the whole no coolant thing).

ordered all new belts and little things of that nature and sent the fan and assembly out to get powdercoated.

contemplated pulling the whole engine and starting that project while its stuck in the garage but couldnt pull the trigger quite yet.
    Last edited by MOCHATHUNDER; 06-21-2015, 07:21 PM.
    SADBOYS CONGLOMERATE

insta:@nickmurgia

finally got this picture shit to work im on
    SADBOYS CONGLOMERATE

Comment

I like what you do
      Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

why thank you
        SADBOYS CONGLOMERATE

Comment

I like what you do
          Cool bmw

Comment

i didnt really have a hard time finding inspiration , it started pulling up at my house

also a cool amount of e36s' at school to stare at, this ones my favorite felony form and whatnot

pictures of car things while i wait for parts

one with the tail

e36 gang + e30

oh and i met an old guy in long beach with a clean ass e type. he also had a big boat.
            he said he got the car from a former girlfriend he had in britain during the war...
            i wonder what kind of car i could get if i went to the middle east and got a girlfriend or something.
            things to think on

so a few months ago we almost picked up this very set of wheels

but it didnt work out so the hunt is back on,
            i still really like them, but im real obsessed with all the throwback racing wheels companies have been dropping lately

then i stumbled across a 930 with some hre 935s' on it and got a little too excited

does anybody have pictures of a 964 on 935s'? without turbo fans covering them lol
            Last edited by MOCHATHUNDER; 06-21-2015, 07:22 PM.
            SADBOYS CONGLOMERATE

Comment

parts

soooo boxes have started to come and its feeling a little bit like christmas

rennline rear mounts and front camber plates are here

and the kws have arrived too

now we need to find the time to actually work on the car
              Last edited by MOCHATHUNDER; 06-21-2015, 07:23 PM.
              SADBOYS CONGLOMERATE

Comment

started doing things

so right now the cars sitting without its fan in which means i cant drive it so i started to take the suspension off with my papa. We also spent some time trying to figure out the rennline camber plates which wasnt as easy as it looked.

did the tie rods while down there

found the cars nuts while working on the tie rods

i really couldnt tell you what a glove is, not a word thats in my vocabulary. i like grease

tried to make sense of this shit for a while

made sense of it eventually

then they went on the kws and things started to look real nice

and finally got the fronts on

idk what is it about well machined metal but i could look at it for hours, the camber plates are a piece of art in my eyes... good work rennline

Last edited by MOCHATHUNDER; 06-21-2015, 02:22 PM.
                SADBOYS CONGLOMERATE

Comment

good going man! love dem old porsche´s!!
                  And the `whale tail` look pretty nice on my opinion.. but i must say its less nice without a custom wide body and stuff! keep on going! will follow this for sure!

greeting from the Netherlands
                  GOD ONLY LOVES YOU
                  WHEN YOUR CAR IS LOW AS FCK!

Project page:
                  "1971 W114 230.6"

Future BagRider

Comment

thanks buddy,
                    luckily i still have the whale tail so it might go back on for a bit at some point
                    SADBOYS CONGLOMERATE

Comment

new wheel came- momo prototipo seemed like the classic wheel to get
                      and i felt like it looked good from pretty much every angle, however forgot to order the thingy so my air bag light doesnt come on but its on its way....
                      then the wheel goes on!

Last edited by MOCHATHUNDER; 06-21-2015, 07:24 PM.
                      SADBOYS CONGLOMERATE

Comment

That steering wheel is sexy, followed you on the gram, nice Porsche

Comment

Thanks! Much appreciated.
                          SADBOYS CONGLOMERATE

Comment

Had some time to night to finish up putting the suspension together and on.

wasnt really sure if the kws would come with rear top mounts so i had the rennline set ordered already and decided to put those on

got the mount on and ready to put on the car.

i twisted the height collar down quite a few times and this is how shes sitting for now

probably end up bringing it back up a little and add a 5 or 10 mm spacer until wheels are chosen

powder coated fan also came in so that will get put back in eventually

modderman porsche did a great job
                            Last edited by MOCHATHUNDER; 06-23-2015, 12:01 AM.
                            SADBOYS CONGLOMERATE

Comment

this is good, very good

Comment

Working...
                              X