E36 with a bunch of problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 with a bunch of problems

Picked up this for the low 1994 325i 5speed. With problems stated, but i didnt know how severe they were headgasket needed to be replaced and the person before me used radio wire everywhere. I recently discovered an issue with the tail lights.

when i step on the brake pedal no lights. when i turn on the park light/ headlights the brake light comes on. I unplugged the brake light switch by the pedal still on, a friend of mine told me to pull the fuses one by one to see where the brake lights were getting feed from. when i pulled 33 fuse out the left tail light was just parking light no more brake light but the driver and 3rd were still on. Pulled 37 everything went out so i put that back in. pulled every fuse and the light was still on. The tails are depo lights with an adapter harness and i feel light the tails are the problem seeing as how i pulled every other wire out that wasnt oem.

e36 god plz help

Build Thread
    Static Nissan Rogue
    Instagram @ksc.jz

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

It's a bmw, it's gonna have a lot of electrical issues, A LOT of them; shoulda stuck with nissan lol

Bimmerforums is a good place for troubleshooting,
      sounds like the light housings but could be anything
      Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Problem solved. Every electrical issue with this car was because of previous owners wiring with radio wire, ebay face cluster wiring and the depo tail light harness. I cut everything out that wasnt oe and i havent had an issue with anything since. Waiting on the tails and the cluster to be delivered now.

Build Thread
        Static Nissan Rogue
        Instagram @ksc.jz

Comment

I guess this'll turn into a build thread

I was supposed to pick up a m52 swap today but the guy sold it -_- so i copped some wheels instead. Style 19s <3

Gonna most likely go for polished lip and flat silver face or if I get pissed off trying to polish them ill do flat black face gloss black lip, gold hardware.

Sold the contours a few minutes ago and Applyed the aircraft paint remover to the wheels. I had to run to the bathroom to poop and my phone died so i decided i should update

Build Thread
          Static Nissan Rogue
          Instagram @ksc.jz

Comment

wheels fully stripped. Was going to get the centers powdercoated but my guy told me since the caps are plastic*** im going to have to choose a color they can match with paint so i decided to paint the faces matte silver and polish the lip and bolts then go down to 195/40 for the front and 205/40 for the rear on falked zeix tires.
            Last edited by kingshowercap; 06-22-2015, 10:41 PM. Reason: replaced the word black with plastic

Build Thread
            Static Nissan Rogue
            Instagram @ksc.jz

Comment

like what i see so far
              2002 Infiniti I35 ( 6 speed swap in progress )
              2004 Nissan Maxima SE 6 speed ( Closest car to being "stanced" )
              2003 Nissan Maxima SE 6 Speed
              2002 Lincoln LS
              On the verge of being Stanced

Comment

Very nice! Same year as mine! But yours is already a 5 speed lucky!

Comment

Tried to seperate the wheels myself, couldnt, got mad and painted them black.Regretted it stripped it back down and decided to send the wheels to get the faces sand blasted and clear coat while I polish the lip. Keeping the caps off because i want to do a stud conversion.

My arm is so sore but i cant lie with a couple more passes this will look like chrome and make me buff.

Build Thread
                  Static Nissan Rogue
                  Instagram @ksc.jz

Comment

*sorry for the night shot, ill definatly get one during the day tomorrow*

Build Thread
                    Static Nissan Rogue
                    Instagram @ksc.jz

Comment

gave up on the style 19s and traded for these and with a couple $ on top im getting a freshly rebuilt head for my motor and install from him

Build Thread
                      Static Nissan Rogue
                      Instagram @ksc.jz

Comment

yes e36 look good on m-parallels
                        Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Drove around with plates from the rogue for a few weeks just in town until i decided to tear it down

found a few surpises during the tear down explaining why the gasket went bad in 6 months and a few good surpises too.

deleted ac and ps while i had the car in the air waiting to get the right HG so if you need anything their for sale.

Build Thread
                          Static Nissan Rogue
                          Instagram @ksc.jz

Comment

inb4 "why delete ps"

it didnt work when I bought the car and its fairly light once you get moving so goodbye it went.

Build Thread
                            Static Nissan Rogue
                            Instagram @ksc.jz

Comment

Originally posted by kingshowercap View Post
                              My arm is so sore but i cant lie with a couple more passes this will look like chrome and make me buff.
                              are we still talking about the wheels

Comment

Working...
                              X