Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Lost In Transit's "Toaster Build"

Thread Moved: Sport Utility Van
    Last edited by ToasterVan; 03-26-2016, 05:12 PM.

hahaha looks sweet get back to us when you get the wheels on!!

Comment

Wow, this is definitely a cool platform! Since it's going to be a camper/DD are you going to do something crazy with the interior? It would be awesome with a memory foam mattress topper under some shag carpet for the flooring. Then you would have the only transit shagwagon in the world.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Im so ready for this.

This comes to my mind when i see this

and this

Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

More isn't always better when it comes to breaking colors up. Try to keep it subtle.

I think that just by painting the fog light surrounds black, and yellowing out the fogs would really make the front of it look sporty without being tacky. You don't have to order wheels with the same bolt pattern, you could always run adapters. As for the back you could just red out the tails?

Just a few ideas.

I chopped this image so you could get an idea of what I mean. I tinted the headlights light blue and blacked out under the center garnish as well as the fogs and surrounds.
          Last edited by rice4life; 06-11-2015, 05:48 PM.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

I'd say keep it simple. Wheels, drop and minimal vinyl

These are my tastes and opinion though…. Best of luck with the build!
            Last edited by KFC ONE; 06-19-2015, 09:41 AM.

Comment

This is awesome, cant wait to see this will be following you.
              08 Sentra slow build

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterVan

Just a heads up, the reflective blue plastic is going to fall off at some point lol Ask me how I know.
                IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.

Look it up and tell ford to go **** themselves.

Cut that resonator off and forget it. On the stock exhaust system it won't really make too much of a sound difference. A drop in panel filter won't make a difference either unless you cut off the resonator. I would just to the Corksport intake and swap it out for servicing.
                  Last edited by rice4life; 06-30-2015, 07:50 PM. Reason: Making it family friendly

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                  @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

What I meant by resonator in my last post was the intake resonator when I was talking about the intake. There's a big box that silences the incoming air attached to the air filter box.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

what the actual fuck were they thinking. Even if there are 10 holes on a wheel, they'd be evenly spread.
                      they can't be serious by saying this would be save to drive.

what are you going to do now?

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
                      "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

Aw man that sucks, i'm patiently waiting for the updates.

From Brazil with Love

Comment

Wheels aren't measured by the overall diameter and width. They are measured from where the tire seats. So yeah, a 17 x 8 would measure out to 18" diameter x 9" wide.

Comment

Yeesh. I wouldn't have minded the multi-hole business had they at least been evenly spaced like every other multi-hole wheel ever. I'm also not super in love with how close the 108 PCD seats come to intruding into the hub bore. OZ AMGs are close like that and they're notorious for cracking there.

Also, yes, make sure you're measuring according to what Mr. Bicycle says. I see that mistake a lot.

EDIT: Also, if you're giving up on those KMCs, you might get in touch with Rotiform and see if they can custom drill their cast wheels. They'd come in a lot cheaper than custom forged wheels, and a set of NUEs or TMBs would look fairly similar to those KMCs.
                            Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 07-09-2015, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Honestly, just get them and run some pretty wide bolt on spacers to get the wheel sitting right near the fender. You should be able to re use your stock lug nuts on the wheel(not the spacer lol), as long as the conical shape matches the mounting hole on the wheel it should be wavy gravy.

You could run just about any wheel, don't limit yourself to a certain bolt pattern; if you like a wheel that only comes in 5x114.3 run some adapters. Just make sure the offset on the wheel is ideal after you subtract the mm of the adapter from the wheel offset.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                              @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Working...
                              X