Silverstyle Gs300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverstyle Gs300

Around October I picked up a 2004 GS300 with about 138k on the odometer. It took me a while to find a GS that had a black/wood interior and not too many miles.
    I like the look of the black interior, but damn when it warms up outside it’s like a hotbox on the inside.

The paint is also not that great, and it got worse after not noticing semi on the freeway spraying gravel on other cars.

I didn't too much work on it because of school work and a lack of money, but I did fix the door lock actuators and some sensors as well as regular maintenance.

Next thing I did was pick up some Style 95 BMW wheels which came with a newish set of Michelin Sports in 235/35/19 for the front and 245/35/19 for the back .
    The wheels had some curb rash so I sanded some of it down, bondoed, and started painting.

I want to get them re-drilled to 5x114.3 but I haven't found a shop in my area who can do it yet, so I might have to run spacers. If you do know someone in the Seattle area who
    can re-drill these let me know.

Oh hey a local lexus build.

Ive always liked the GS300s.

Definitely subscribing to this thread for more progress

Comment

thats the sexiest thing to see a gs on style 95

Spacers would be your best bet for flush or a little poke
      that tire stretch and a 1/2" of poke would be bees knees
      Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

It's actually very clean sir, great find!

- Renato
        TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
        sigpic

Comment

I started to paint the Style 95's using some okayish VHT paint.

My friend really wanted the Style 95s for his 740i so I sold them to him.
          I am trying to get some Varrstoen wheels and I can't decide between the ES1's

and ES8's

Comment

Reps

FWIW, there are some good deals in the classifieds right now, both in the 5x114.3 section and the 5x112. Might be something in there that's worth your consideration.

Comment

Quickie Update

I found some guy on Craigslist that was parting out his gs300 that had over 350K on the odometer and got some goodies.

(sorry for the potato quality)
              I picked up some Junction Produce neck pillows and seat pillows.

Bonus shot of the rear.

Comment

Definitely subscribing to this thread for more progress

Comment

Last weekend I picked up a TTE styled eBay lip for like 40 bucks.

As you can see it was spray painted a crappy white and the paint flakes off every time I touch it.
                  I really doubt the guy who had it before me primed or even lightly sanded before painting.

Fitment wasn't good either, but its eBay, what can you expect.

I went through and scraped most of the paint off. I then sanded the lip with 180, 320, and 400 grit to get a surface that will hold the paint.

Next, I used a hair dryer to shape the lip for good fitment, cause why not??

Primed it up and then sanded it with 600 grit.

Testing the fitment

Put it on and now I have to wait a week before the bumper,hood and lip gets repainted.

Comment

Nice start, how long before she gets low?!
                    Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
                    www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskerz View Post
                      Nice start, how long before she gets low?!
                      That's the next item on the list.

Comment

This better happen

Comment

Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
                          This better happen

I wish there were lots of diffusers to choose from for this car.

Comment

Sent the bumper and lip to my friends shop for paint and i've been rolling around looking hella ratchet without the front

Picking it up from the shop

Installed now.

Its not a prefect color match, but i just need to polish the rest of my car to match the shininess of bumper
                            Last edited by SeattleStance; 08-28-2015, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Duuuuuude that looks really good. When are you gonna lower it?

Comment

Working...
                              X