No announcement yet.

E46 Saloon. UK Built Endless Money Pit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E46 Saloon. UK Built Endless Money Pit.

Well where do I begin,

I brought this 46 Saloon after my first one met a lampost sideways outside uni during the day

After a month of agony and not having a car I found this

[IMG][/IMG]

It's an BMW 320d Individual in Carbon Black. Apparently its some form of rare... It needed nothing mechanically but externally the wings were vanishing.

[IMG][/IMG]

So I did a bit of a stupid move it was either coilovers or two new wings. So i did the sensible thing and brought the coilovers and one wing. Lol

Bare in mind other than a little bit of audio I had never done anything to a car up to this point...

[IMG][/IMG]

Once I put them on with a help of a friend the front wheels were rubbing on the strut so it needed to be raised up until I found new wheels.

[IMG][/IMG]

I got bored and sprayed all the trims gloss black, to be honest it was more effort than it was worth

[IMG][/IMG]

Someone scraped me one night outside my house and didnt realize till the next day and its safe to say I was pretty annoyed but what made matters worse was when I didnt realize that they caught the rim and it was slowly leaking till this happened

[IMG][/IMG]

The scissor is not worth a fart. I had to get a friend out to help me which is always fun lol

I was now on the hunt for wheels, I had no idea what i wanted but still being a student at the time I was pretty broke all the time, but I have a friend that buys a set of wheels runs them for about 2 months and sells them. He brought a set of WCI CC10's for his MK5 R32 and he said after one weekend I could have them at mates rates. I found some adapters for pennies and had the wheels off him they were only 8.5J all round but this was like my first set of actual wheels for my car. I was chuffed to bits.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This was it at Players last year

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

So anyway the outside of the car was "alright" for now time to do something about the nasty worn to death alcantara seats. After a bit of snooping online I found a guy breaking a 46 M3 to turn it in to a race car. I got his front seats and front breaks and discs for an absolute bargain!

The calipers were so rusty so It took me a while to clean them up and just give them a coat of paint just to make them slightly less ugly.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

They are slightly bigger I guess lol

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

You cant really tell but they were on, I think lol

[IMG][/IMG]

Then things started to take a turn for the worse. The car just kept dying at every available opportunity, It was really starting to cheese me off.

First the fuel filter

[IMG][/IMG]

Not to mention the half a tank of diesel it left behind...

[IMG][/IMG]

Then this happened

[IMG][/IMG]

Fortunately it wasnt cracked it just wasn't fitted properly and leak tested.

And to top it all off when I was washing it one day I saw this

[IMG][/IMG]

Safe to say this was a fun job for my friend to do...I didnt smash the sump on anything, it was the metal under tray that was squashed up against it and over time gave me a hairline fracture. I got a second hand one off ebay with all new gaskets and oils and got it back on the road.

So after the sump change it was the middle of winter so I wanted to change a couple of things, most of my close friends were running hydraulics at the time and after having a play on theirs I thought I'd like me some of that so after talking to rayvern hydraulics in the UK, I got him to build me a ram box and send over some blank struts and I enlisted the help of a good friend of mine and we got to it.

This is his car

[IMG][/IMG]

Not going to lie this was a pretty mammoth task, had to measure and weld all the struts figure out where the lines were going to go, fit my camber arms, try and squeeze everything in to the spare wheel well. Honestly for a drive way build this thing was pretty amazing. My friends a perfectionist and he would just take control till it was done properly

[IMG][/IMG]

Had to notch it so everything fit better lol

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Everything fit, Just about

[IMG][/IMG]

It did gain me a fair bit of drop to be honest at this stage i was so happy it was just going up and down

[IMG][/IMG]

I even got to keep my antiroll bar

[IMG][/IMG]

This was at the end of it, I was really happy with how it turned out.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

After a while of searching i stumbled across these for silly cheap although they were off a Mercedes I had the adapters so it wasn't the end of the world...

[IMG][/IMG]

Then had them painted

[IMG][/IMG]

I managed to find original OZ barrels from a guy in the MIdlands, 7's and 7.5's and he also had some dishes that were in poor poor state. They were beyond saving but he threw these in so I just took them.

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks like they were "painted" before...

[IMG][/IMG]

They werent perfect but after rubbing them down and alot of polish and effort they started to return to former glory. They were never going to be perfect but they still looked good.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I decided to go 8.5J front 10J rear only because of the adapters otherwise i would have run an inch more dish all round...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I started to not **** the car for chewing up all my money again lol

[IMG][/IMG]

I didn't really want to run the caps with the carbon rings or the anniversary rings so what i did was just buy some blanks off ebay after measuring the centre bore and they actually fit, then I got a sign writing company to make me some stickers which actually work really well.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

and this how it sits today, still on the hunt for some 17" rs's in 5x120. But i am happy with how it sits still needs a colour change and a retrim but she'll do for now.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

That's some tight ass fitment for being static! Props for that!!!
    Last edited by Robitussin; 06-01-2015, 02:49 PM.
    [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
    Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Robitussin View Post
      That's some tight ass fitment for being static! Props for that!!!
      He is no static...

Love it though! Wish more people in the states did juice rather than air.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
        He is no static...

Love it though! Wish more people in the states did juice rather than air.
        Well that's embarrassing Looks great nonetheless
        [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
        [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
        Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

It used to be static before the sump cracked lol

Comment

�� love the fitment bro

Comment

This things awesome! Thinking of getting an e46 for a family wagon and now I think I've been swayed!
              I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

Well this ended up much better than I expected, love the center cap idea.

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

didnt realise you had so many issues with this, these cars can be real crappy to work on haha.

looks really cool now, its a shame we've never had a chance to talk and share e46 struggles haha.
                  Bagged E46 saloon/sedan build thread --->>> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55964

Instagram: thomwilliams_

Comment

That's some tight ass fitment for being static!
                    cool bmw

Comment

how do the hydro ride? always been curious about going that route but not many at all stateside run it, other than lowerriders who hop.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                      X