Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometime I'll make a thread that doesn't suck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometime I'll make a thread that doesn't suck.

So while all my friends are crying over their final projects and spending all day in their room rushing to get them done, I've finished mine so instead I'm spending all day in my room reading stanceworks threads since I can't really hang out with my friends.

So I figured I might as well make a thread for the new car since next week I'll actually get to start working on it. It'll start really slow because a year in college emptied my bank account, but between the headlight retrofits and the electric fan, there's no shortage of wires to organize in the engine bay and that's free

You probably don't remember me but I've had two other cars I've made threads for. They were a mk4 jetta and another e36 that ended up like this

I love both those cars, but this car came up for sale and I knew I had to jump on it because I knew the owner and I knew that there were already tons of parts on it that I was planning on replacing in the black one. The guy that sold it to me parts out e36s, so I also got a trunk full of spare parts with the car, so it made an already good price even better

And now I have to work on selling those cars, and dealing with people from craigslist is definitely one of my favorite activities

Without further ado, here is the new one. It is a 1997 328i convertible.

All I've done so far is swap the shift knob with the stock one from the black car. The weighted one feels nice, but I really **** the way it looks.

The paint doesn't look as good in person as it does in the pictures and the doors were replaced when he got another sierrarot vert to part out and the pinstripes are different and I think they are painted on

But paint wise it'll stay how it is until I'm done with college because for the next two and a half years it'll sit in a parking lot that other college students park at and they aren't the most careful

exterior wise I don't have many plans, but I want to do some performance stuff as well as make it a really great daily driver. oh and lower it more

Here's a shitty photoshop of what I want it to look like on the outside and the height I want it. Maybe some day I'll have money for wheels too but at this rate I won't have money for food soon.

Love me an e36 hard top
    [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
    Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Robitussin View Post
      Love me an e36 hard top

Comment

That's one clean looking convertible thanks for the new wallpaper Would love to have one of these as a daily some day. Love the color too!

Comment

love it, does your hard top creak like a bitch too?

DRIFT BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by pejsa View Post
            love it, does your hard top creak like a bitch too?
            It creaks so much. I have to turn the radio up for rough roads. And right now the passenger seat squeaks too so it's like a fucking symphony of annoying sounds inside the car.

Comment

yea man i feel ya it blows. if I'm not on the freeway i undo the front top hold down and that seems to help a ton.

DRIFT BUILD

Comment

Well today was the last day of my quarter so time to go spend 4 months at home without any friends from college because they all live out of state. but at least that means tons of time to work on the car because I don't have any friends and I'm a total loser.

Totally unrelated to my car though, for my final project for 3D design, I glued together 6000 matches and made a semi circle. It was on display in one of the buildings, but they are taking everything down for summer. Since I really have no use for half a circle of matches, at the end of class, I lit it on fire. That was fun. So here's 35 hours of tedious work going up in flames.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
                  Well today was the last day of my quarter so time to go spend 4 months at home without any friends from college because they all live out of state. but at least that means tons of time to work on the car because I don't have any friends and I'm a total loser.

Totally unrelated to my car though, for my final project for 3D design, I glued together 6000 matches and made a semi circle. It was on display in one of the buildings, but they are taking everything down for summer. Since I really have no use for half a circle of matches, at the end of class, I lit it on fire. That was fun. So here's 35 hours of tedious work going up in flames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85dWNsAEPYw
                  ^Sounds like so many things in life
                  didn't know you made a new thread

Is the 328 feel any faster than the 325?
                  Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Originally posted by Motoman325 View Post
                    ^Sounds like so many things in life
                    didn't know you made a new thread

Is the 328 feel any faster than the 325?
                    they're both 328's

The black one is noticeably faster than the orange one though, so the chip in that car makes a massive difference.

But I have a cold air intake that came with the car and I'll see if the ECUs can be swapped before I sell the black one. And maybe the the short shifter if I'm feeling really ambitious but the new one shifts so smooth that it doesn't really seem worth it. I know the PO recently changed out the shifter bushings in it

Comment

Dude i saw that on instagram hahaha that is sick! And i'm really looking forward to this. One of my favorite body styles, color, plus a hard top? I'm totally in

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo135 View Post
                        Dude i saw that on instagram hahaha that is sick! And i'm really looking forward to this. One of my favorite body styles, color, plus a hard top? I'm totally in
                        It's certainly the pinnacle of my art school career.

I even put it on my head like a mohawk and said I was going to light it that way when I walked out there. But we decided that was a bad idea. I have a picture of it on my head but I look like a fucking retard so that's never going on the internet. And I know other people have one too so it's probably out there somewhere, I'm just living in denial.

I've actually never seen another one this color. It was slammed when the guy I bought it from bought it and he said for a while people would mention that they recognized it from the previous owner.

Back when I first met the guy I bought it from, I got started talking to him and realized that I had talked the the guy before him about trading the Jetta for it for a little while and we decided not to go through with it. It wasn't in nearly as good of shape back then though.

Comment

So after a long drive, I'm home now and can get started working on this car. As soon as I sell the other two cars, this one will become my daily driver so I want a lot of the little stuff to be done by then.

First I cleaned up the wiring for the retrofits a bit and made it where I don't have to cut a bunch of zipties to get to the fuse box, I can just disconnect the wires that go into that box on top.

I don't have any before pictures but here is the after

then I replaced the m3 mirrors with the flag mirrors. I'm one of the few people that like the m mirrors but I only really like them when they are on an actual m3

and here is a picture of the electric fan wiring that I need to do something about

also does anyone know how to disconnect this? I don't actually know what it is, but it is in between the manifold and the intake. It felt pretty fragile and I didn't want to break it trying to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
                            also does anyone know how to disconnect this? I don't actually know what it is, but it is in between the manifold and the intake. It felt pretty fragile and I didn't want to break it trying to figure it out.

It looks like you squeeze the "W" section of the wire clip towards the sensor and then pull the connector off.

Comment

nice information
                              thanks all

Comment

Working...
                              X