Fittings to go from hardlines to softlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fittings to go from hardlines to softlines

**** to post a totally newb question but could someone just give me a quick list of things I'll need to convert my softline setup to hardlines. I plan on running 1/4" copper to the base board, attach that to a fitting and then run softlines underneath.

Can any tell me what kind of fittings I'll need to make that happen. Sorry again for the question but I don't really know anyone knowledgeable that could help.

Thanks!

Do you want to use PTC fittings or compression for your hard lines? PTC are easier to use and somewhat less expensive, but they have a certain amount of play in them. Compression fittings are a bit more expensive and harder to use, but they hold the line perfectly steady, which helps keep your setup looking nice.

In either case, to perforate a bulkhead, you can use a bulkhead fitting.

For PTC on both sides, these SMC fittings are what you want.

For compression on the hard line side and PTC on the soft line side, you have a few options. To go through the bulkhead, you can use this PTC to FNPT fitting combined with this MNPT to compression fitting, or if you want stainless fittings on the compression side, this compression to FNPT fitting and this MNPT to PTC fitting. Just make sure that the NPT sizes on both the PTC and compression side are the same.

Bag Riders doesn't carry a lot of compression fittings in the 1/4" size, so you may have to get in touch with them to see if they can source smaller fittings, or get them from another supplier.

Comment

As mentioned above a bulk head . Something like this. A female swagslok fitting, just screw in a push-to-connect fitting in the other end. I hear stainless hardline works better than brass for longevity and reliability.

Comment

Working...
      X