Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1986 Mercedes-Benz 560SL Smoke Silver Metallic AMG Aero 11/85 MFG Date **RARE** Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Mercedes-Benz 560SL Smoke Silver Metallic AMG Aero 11/85 MFG Date **RARE** Read

1986 Mercedes-Benz 560SL Roadster

Very Rare AMG Aero Body Package

Rear Seating

11/85 MFG Date

VIN: WDBBA48D6GA041207

Rare Smoke Silver Metallic (Code 702) Exterior

Light Brown / Java Leather (Code 274) Interior

Brown canvas convertible top along with Smoke Silver Metallic Hardtop

Just under 93,000 Miles

I am selling a 1986 Mercedes 560SL roadster for my Dad. He purchased this vehicle only a bit ago as an investment as values on the R107 have just begun to really move and will continue to do so over the coming years. Our plan was to put a little time an effort into it to make it in tip-top shape and enjoy it however money has gotten a little tight, so this toy has to go.*

I would consider this 560SL to be in-between conditions 3 and 4 based on Haggerty Auto value descriptions. This R107 560SL in uncommon, distinctive and*desirable*colors was first sold at a Mercedes-Benz dealership in Arizona and resided with its first owner there till 1990. In 1991 the vehicle made its way to California to meet its second owner which maintained and drove it till 2005. The vehicle was then purchased by an elderly gentleman and shipped to Illinois where it was only driven on the nicest of weekends during the summer. He drove it sparingly.**With less than 93,000 miles, it has been driven an average of 3,175 miles a year. It has been garage-kept and decently-maintained.

The paint and chrome are quite presentable and there is no rust. This is a major plus when looking at R107 chassis cars as rust is very problematic. The brown canvas top is in nice shape with only one small patch on the driver’s side. The glass is free of cracks, chips and scratches.*The java interior is in very good condition. The dash has no cracks however the carpets show some wear. The vehicle comes with the original owner’s manual and roof latch tool. The car is equipped with the optional external thermometer as well.*

A few major rarities on this particular vehicle are the AMG Aero Package which is very seldom seen as well as the rear roadster seating. The AMG Aero Package includes the front air dam, side skirts, rear spoiler and rear valance along with the prestigious vintage AMG badge on the rear deck lid. You will also notice that the car was manufactured in 11/85; There we’re only 3,907 1986 560SLs produced during 1985 making this a very early R107. 1985 Manufactured cars are the rarest of the bunch as production numbers were the lowest of any year offered.

The car drives well, as straight, smooth and strong as an SL should.*It really is quite quick and it seems abnormally strong for a 560SL.**The last gentleman who owned the car did a bunch of service including Goodyear tires, Bilstein shocks, Brake Pads and Rotors on all four corners, Center Support Bearing and Transmission Mount. The car also had a full transmission service including a new filter, gasket and pan. The car passed the Illinois emission inspection just a few thousand miles ago.*

The air conditioning system is not working, it seems as though the A/C compressor is locked up. The steering does seem sloppy and vague so I’m assuming that it needs a new steering coupler which will come with the car and a steering box adjustment. The vehicle also lags for a few seconds when shifting to reverse which I’ve been told is very common on these cars. There are a few small dents and scratches on the car which can be expected for a car of this vintage however a good paint-less dent removal technician should have no problem getting it straight.

This is a great opportunity for you to buy a clean, low mileage Mercedes SL in very desirable colors with some very rare credentials. A solid investment and an extraordinary value at $13,200.00 obo

Beautiful car, I hope you sell it quickly to someone who will treat it as so.
    Instagram: yobrandonnn

Comment

Make an offer

Comment

Very good deal.

Comment

Price drop: $11,900.00

Comment

Working...
          X