Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo 855 t-5r & s80 d5 from Finland

Hi!

My name is Niko, i live in finland and desided to tell you a litle of my project and dailydriven. But first I want to apologize for bad English.

The car is -95 volvo 855 t-5r, i traded it about 3 month ago for my ex 855 t5. Its a 2.3 litre with manual transmisson and a litle bigger turbo. Heres some pictures when i bought it.

First mod that i do the car was another set of wheels. I decide to use my old winterwheels. 8,5"&9,5x17" corvette saw blades with 25mm adapters in the front, and 30mm in the rear. 205/40 and 215/40 tires. At the same time I also put the order some coilovers.

Coilovers arrived at the next week, but in the same day one of the oil cooling pipes broke down and all oils spread along a country road. Half a mile with oil on the roud.

It took a week before I was able to repair the car. After that a changed the coils in the car with a litle modified.

Next step was the summer wheels&tires. These are oz futuras, 9"&9,5x17" with 205/40 chines tires.

Last owner was some patent pete, and thats why the engine wasnt anymore in a good conditition. I decide to take the motor out of the car and renovate it. Another reason was that a broke the oil pan. Every conrod on the engine was twisted. I order new h-profil conrod's from bsr. At the same time i renovate the entire engine. I also paited the motor. At this stage I am now.

Next week i going to put the motor back in the car, and try to wash it and take i litle better pictures. I have a purpose to acquire air suspension next fall, will see. I desperately need a new paintjob, and get some 18" wheels. Feel free to comment
    Last edited by P78; 10-05-2015, 01:40 AM.

Nice volvo! Always happy to see another brick on the forums
    My Build:

Comment

Lol at painting a white block motor red, but gawd damn its looking good man. Looking forward to seeing the progress!
      sigpic1998 Volvo s70 na auto
      kinda low, kinda loud, really slow. check it.
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35112

Comment

Put steplips on the futuras instead of getting different 18" wheels, the futuras look right at home! I'm surprised at how good the sawblades look too!
        SAAB 900 T16s

Comment

Thanks everyone! Yeah the motor wanted to transform red block

Step lips are good idea too, have to figure out what to do next summer

Comment

Lookin' real good Niko!
            I see you're probably rocking the JOM blueline coilovers, what do you think of them?
            And, how have you mounted them to the topbearing in the way you did, eliminating the original springhat?

I'll be keeping an eye on here mate!
            If shit can happen, shit's bound to happen.

Comment

Looks amazing! Looks great on the sawblades

- Renato
              TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DC95 View Post
                I see you're probably rocking the JOM blueline coilovers, what do you think of them?
                And, how have you mounted them to the topbearing in the way you did, eliminating the original springhat?
                Jeah, those are Jom bluelines. I don´t know what to think about these, because i ride the shocks on the bottom with no flexibility

I don´t use the original springhat at all, just put the joms springhat strait to topbearing.

And now few new pics, get it on the road again!

I know, need a new bumber and headlight washers delete panels haha

Comment

It´s time for a litle update. Couple weeks ago i decide to quick polish the saw blades. so i can strip down futuras. These get a litle polishing and new paint. Decided to paint the centerstars on audi´s ipanema brown. get these back on the car yesterday, and i like how it looks now! And couple of photos next.

Comment

Love the selection of wheels!

- Renato
                    TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                    sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone!

Decided to sold the futuras and saw blades, and buy a diesel car becouse high petrol price, and i also have to drive about 500km in week to work. 855 is waiting for new wheels in some day.

And now to the new dailydrive. Its 2005 Volvo s80 D5 A. Old finnish taxi, and driven 538tkm when i bought it. Now its have about 547tkm on the clock. (About 333000 miles). Runs smooth and its have perfect service manual on the volvo dealer. And now a few pics when i bought it.

Drive about two weeks whit that, and then broke the left front wheel by accidentally. Now i need new wheels, what to do? Call my friend an bought 20" jaguar oem wheels from him Next i cut the coils to lower it a bit. Have to buy coilovers some day. Now it looks like this. Have to get much more lower...

E: How can i change thread name?
                      Last edited by Kenonit; 08-27-2015, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Nice Volvos!

What is the name of the Jaguar wheels? Or on which model were they originali fitted? I think they would look nice on my S-type R.

Comment

Wheels are Jaguar hydras, XF S oem wheels. 8,5x20" et 49

Comment

Look sweet! Although I'd think a size smaller would look a lil' better.
                            SAAB 900 T16s

Comment

I agree. That's why they are on sale. Wider 19 'would look much better!

Comment

Working...
                              X