Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: 1988 535is // m30b35 Swap / Zinnoberrot / Air Suspension / Style 5 / PIC HEAVY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 1988 535is // m30b35 Swap / Zinnoberrot / Air Suspension / Style 5 / PIC HEAVY!!

Up for sale is my extremely clean 88 535is. Car always turns heads and is a very strong runner. I've driven it from SD to LA, and SD to Vegas a handful of times with a smile on my face. 2 years ago the PO swapped out the tired b34 for a b35 out of an e32 so it produces more power and torque. Always fires on the first try. Motor was completely gone through with many items replaced, before it was swapped into the car. Transmission was fully rebuilt, short shifter was added, and has a new clutch as well which is VERY stiff. I'm an avid BMW enthusiast/technician and have sold many e38's on bimmerforums all over the USA, most of which were bought sight unseen, so I do not BS as I don't believe in wasting peoples time as it is as valuable as mine. Here is some of the major work that has been done:

-m30b34 to m30b35 engine swap
    -Motronic 1.3 conversion with 179 dme
    -Getrag 260/6 with short shift kit
    -New clutch, pressure plate to bearing
    -3.73 differential
    -All new engine sensors and brake pressure regulator switches
    -All new steering components,..tie rods, idler arm, drag link, control arms with e32 bushings
    -e32 7 series front brakes new rotors and pads, e34 5 series rear brakes new rotors and pads
    -Custom air bagged suspension front and rear with new bilstein sports
    -5 gallon air tank reservoir with Viair compressors, front and rear individually controlled with manual air paddles and pressure gauges below dash
    -17x8 style 5's // polished lip // blk powder coated centers zinc coated gold bolts // 225/45/17 Kumho tires
    -New cat and replacement exhaust
    -New recent brake master cylinder
    -Clarion in dash dvd flip up head unit with usb, bluetooth, & video input
    -Clarion amp already wired for a sub
    -Infinity 3 way rear deck speakers which sound very nice
    -Clarion digital display alarm and remote with central locking/unlocking (very nice)
    -New alternator
    -New cam chain tensioner
    -Transmission and bushing rebuild
    -New throw out bearing
    -New bushings
    -New power steering hose
    -New oil pump chain tensioner
    -ETC

Odometer is the typical broken and is stopped at 207k. All other functions on the cluster work as they should. The paint is all original with no paintwork and looks fantastic for being 27 years old. Interior was recently detailed/shampooed/leather cleaned & conditioned. Dash has typical cracks but has a nice black carpeted cover installed. Door panels look fantastic along with carpet and perfect fit floor mats. Seating look very nice and the drivers seat only shows some minor imperfections and has a slight seat twist when adjusted slightly which can be repaired free in about 30 minutes of your time, but every other function works properly.

All windows work, heater works, sunroof works, electric seats work, has a/c installed but needs a retrofit to r134a and a recharge. Needs antenna adapter for radio reception as I never got one since I always use cd's or my phone. No rust on the car. Exterior was just detailed using a 3 step paint correction which involved light colorsanding, buffing, and waxing. A total of 12 hours was professionally spent on the body and it shows. Looks wonderful!

All in all this e28 is a rare find. It's an all numbers matching car with VIN tags on every panel. You'd be hard pressed to find one this clean and rust free. Looks absolutely stunning and pulls like a train. Car has a clean California title, recent valid smog certificate in hand, and tags til 2/2016. Just get in and drive!

Asking $7,500 obo. I'm open to offers but please nothing ridiculous. This car is ready to drive and show at bimmerfest!

Last edited by bimmertrek; 05-04-2015, 10:52 AM.

Great ad

Wish I was ready to buy now, I'm sure this will go fast, best of luck sir

Comment

Originally posted by delvin View Post
      Great ad

Wish I was ready to buy now, I'm sure this will go fast, best of luck sir
      Thanks bud! It is a great car but I just don't drive it enough, and I have too many cars for just me lol.

Comment

Can you please pm me your number so that I may call you? Thanks!

Comment

perfect e28, this should sell quick

Comment

Originally posted by acchac1 View Post
            Can you please pm me your number so that I may call you? Thanks!
            PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
              perfect e28, this should sell quick
              Thanks! Yeah I have a feeling it'll sell very very soon with the interest i've gotten.

Comment

Car has been sold.

Comment

Working...
                X