Ground Control Coilovers are seized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Control Coilovers are seized

So I have some Ground Control Coilovers on my civic and all 4 set screws/ the screws that tighten the perch are seized. Is there a way to unseize them? or am I screwed haha?

Also on my rear coilovers both perches are seized in place, so really its the same question as above would it be possible to fix this? and if so can someone tell me what I need to do?

Spray a fuck load of pb blaster in there, let it soak. I've also heard that acidic sodas, such as Coke could work, but I've never tried it. EDIT: Also, cake it in anti seize so it doesn't happen again if you can break it free.

Comment

Originally posted by M0HNKE View Post
      Spray a fuck load of pb blaster in there, let it soak. I've also heard that acidic sodas, such as Coke could work, but I've never tried it. EDIT: Also, cake it in anti seize so it doesn't happen again if you can break it free.
      Thanks man ill definitely try PB blaster. If that doesnt work ill just have to settle with my current suspension height.

Originally posted by monsterlord
      You get instructions with the coilovers normally, w88ap so you could just take them with the damper when it's welded to the hub carrier.
      I bought them used so i didnt get instructions. also I have no idea what any of that means after the instructions part.

Comment

UPDATE: I used PB Blaster as recommended above and it worked exactly like it should have.

11/10 would recommend PB Blaster

Comment

Working...
        X