OK, so I have had this E34 525i sitting here for a while. It's time to kick it up a notch finally.
As she sits right now, it's an Alpine White 5speed 525i. M50B25 motor. Nothing special about it except it has the limited slip dif and 3.33 gears from the factory. So, my basic plans:
- Slammed using some shortened NEX coilovers.
- Find some nice polished deep dish wheels to slap on it.
- E34 M5 suspension (i.e. upgraded control arms, sway bars, ect.)
- Paint the car matte black. Also, I think for now I will keep all the rust on it.
- Find an M57TU2D30 motors and adjacent 5/6speed transmission.
The last bit is the difficult part. The M57 motor is BMW's latest Diesel. It's based off of the 3/535i motor but diesel, YES! that's right 3.0L Twin turbo diesel. 282BHP 430#tq.
Not related but the M50B25 I have now in the vehicle is going into the E30 coupe I will be picking up next month and will be stroked to 3.2L and turbo'd to become my new track car.
car is stock and sitting as of right this second, I am still searching for the mystery motor. Once I find that I will begin stripping my car.