• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coilover Toyota wanna be bagged

Hi Everybody

The car is a 2014 Toyota Avensis Stc.
    KW coilover v2
    MRR HR3 8,5x20" with 225/35-20

My plan is to bag it with Universal over strut bag's using my KW coilover. Then fabricate some brackets for the rear. Then use the accuair e-level. My queation's are...
    1.What kind of brackets should i use for the bag's in the front?
    2.What kind of bag's should i use in he rear? Not to much clearence.
    3.What kind of compressor should i use?
    4.Should i run 3/8' or 1/4' lines?

This is awesome

Comment

I like it, looks sick af..

Comment

I can't speak to questions 1 and 2 as I don't know the platform, but:

3. This will depend on what pressure you want to run in your tank and how large of a tank you decide upon. For the sake of redundancy and speed, I recommend twin compressors. I have a single, and I'm constantly bitching about how long the compressor has to run. If you run 150 psi in your tank, twin Viair 450cs would be a good choice. If you run 200 psi, twin 444cs or 480cs. At 200 psi, you could also run a single OB2 for similar speed.

4. The AccuAir VU4 manifold has 3/8" PTC inlets, so 3/8" line will keep you from having to run a bunch of step-down fittings.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
          I can't speak to questions 1 and 2 as I don't know the platform, but:

3. This will depend on what pressure you want to run in your tank and how large of a tank you decide upon. For the sake of redundancy and speed, I recommend twin compressors. I have a single, and I'm constantly bitching about how long the compressor has to run. If you run 150 psi in your tank, twin Viair 450cs would be a good choice. If you run 200 psi, twin 444cs or 480cs. At 200 psi, you could also run a single OB2 for similar speed.

4. The AccuAir VU4 manifold has 3/8" PTC inlets, so 3/8" line will keep you from having to run a bunch of step-down fittings.

Would i need any brackets in the front or can i just slide the bag on so it sits as the spring did??

Is the accuair worth the extra money as oppose to the airlift v2?

Comment

You'll likely need to cut the stock spring perch off your struts and weld in place a bag bracket. A better option may be to look at the universal builder kits that Air Lift offers and see if one of those options comes within the measurements you need to replace your stock struts.

E-Level and V2 operate off different principles, and which option suits your needs depends upon what your expectations are. I have a post in this thread that outlines the differences between how the two systems operate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
              You'll likely need to cut the stock spring perch off your struts and weld in place a bag bracket. A better option may be to look at the universal builder kits that Air Lift offers and see if one of those options comes within the measurements you need to replace your stock struts.

E-Level and V2 operate off different principles, and which option suits your needs depends upon what your expectations are. I have a post in this thread that outlines the differences between how the two systems operate.

I already have KW coilovers on so i don't really have anything to cut of.

Comment

Aha, sorry, somehow I skimmed over that. In that case, if you're using something like UAS Aero Sport bags, you'll just need an upper and lower plate, which Bag Riders sells as an add-on for those kind of bags.

Comment

Cool, thank you very much

Comment

That's definitely different and incredibly cool!

- Renato
                    TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                    sigpic

Comment

I like it!
                      IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

this is cool. i wanna say its a venza for those here in the states?
                        Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Just ordered everything today....
                          Uas aero sport bag's front
                          Firestone 9000 sleeve bag's rear
                          Accuair E-level with rockerswitch
                          All from bagriders.com

Being from Denmark getting it all here is a bit complicated, because just shipping it here would cost a buttload. So it's gotta go through Canada to some family and then brought home as luggage.
                          So it will be a month or so before i get my good's, can't hardly wait. I will off course post the build in here

Comment

Looks more like a Camry wagon than a Venza. The Venza is shorter and taller. I kinda dig it, don't see them here.

Comment

A little update...
                              Done with all the wiring and plumbing
                              Next on the list are the bags, found out that the Firestone 9000's was not a fit. So i ordered a pair of SS5's instead.
                              Hopefully it will all work out.

[ATTACH]10247[/ATTACH]
                              Last edited by mascqp; 07-07-2015, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X