Gutter rims, fixable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutter rims, fixable?

So i gutterd my rims and i was wondering if there was any sort of way to fix the scratches?
    also where can i buy some paint for the scratches? i don't know the exact color of the rims.
    and i don't want to end up getting the wrong color

We need some details here, like what kind of wheels and what amount of damage. Pictures would help immensely.

The likelihood is that if you can get the damage out, you are going to have to repaint or powder coat the wheels afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
      We need some details here, like what kind of wheels and what amount of damage. Pictures would help immensely.

The likelihood is that if you can get the damage out, you are going to have to repaint or powder coat the wheels afterward.
      Agreed

Also OP, it depends on how you plan on fixing it, there are various ways to "correct" it, some much better than others.
      • Spray over the damage
      • Lightly sand out the imperfections and spray
      • Sand the damage and if it is very deep, use a filler and resand
      • Take it to a shop to have it done right*

Give us more details/photos and Stanceworks can definitely help.

Comment

Comment

It looks like what you have there could probably be taken care of with a bit of filing. Metal filler is also a reasonable solution, especially to preserve that sharp line. In either case, you're looking at refinishing the wheel. SSR may be able to provide paint or a paint code (or powder coat info, if they're coated) if you can get in touch with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
            It looks like what you have there could probably be taken care of with a bit of filing. Metal filler is also a reasonable solution, especially to preserve that sharp line. In either case, you're looking at refinishing the wheel. SSR may be able to provide paint or a paint code (or powder coat info, if they're coated) if you can get in touch with them.
            How can i get in contact with them, or can you link me to somewhere i can purchase some touch up paint?

Comment

I don't personally have any contact at SSR beyond the information on their website. If they're painted, they may be able to provide you with a paint code, in which case I've had excellent luck with Paintscratch.com.

Comment

Working...
              X