Rare 18" Two-Piece Genuine BBS/Alpina Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare 18" Two-Piece Genuine BBS/Alpina Wheels

Sold! Expect to see these wheels reappear in amazing form.

Hi Folks,

I know it's rather cliche to sell a set of 'rare' wheels on here, but these are quite uncommon. There are a handful of threads online that discuss these wheels, and you will likely never see them in public. They retail for around $4,000. I am kicking off this thread to gauge interest. I will be posting a bunch of pictures this weekend. I am asking $1,200 OBO for all four wheels. A bit about the wheels:

18x8
    ET20
    5x120
    74.1 Center Bore, originally found on Alpina B10 (E39)
    Two-Piece
    Stainless Steel Trim Rings
    Titanium Screws, T8
    20 Spokes
    Center Mounted Valve, air travels through hollow spoke

Now these wheels are far from perfect, and the price will reflect this. I will be absolutely forthcoming about the shape of these wheels. You can run these as-is, and they look great from 5'. There is visible curb rash on the SS rings. I received a quote of $40 per ring from a metal polisher to remove the damage. Just like a restaurant countertop, you can take a scotch brite pad to the rings.

The center caps are missing. These can be had used for a few hundred dollars. They cost $400 for a set. I refinished the centers with a black satin paint, paying homage to original Alpina wheels. The center caps are fabricated, and may interfere with your hubs. You should be able to leverage them with modification if necessary. The Alpina stickers are replicas from Ebay. I have not adhered the stickers to the caps yet, I leave that up to you.

The face of the wheels are in good physical shape. The paint is worn near the inside of the spokes, toward the center of the wheel. The paint is also worn on near the titanium bolts. It's not terribly noticeable from a distance as the metal or primer underneath is a close match.

The wheels were taken to a well known wheel repair shop in Seattle this week. One wheel had a crack that I hadn't noticed in the past. According to the shop, the crack on the inner barrel was 'standard', and repaired without issue. That wheel is not bent above the shops threshold (60 thousands of an inch). There are two wheels that are barely above this spec, and two wheels that are below. From what I gathered, bends near this range are minor, and probably not out of the norm, especially for Stance fans.

This wheel has the most paint imperfections and curb rash. I snapped these in a hurry.

I have an E9 (I wish I could say this E9) Having fun with Photoshop - MikeB Style

Willing to ship!

Relevant Threads:
    The general style discussion forum, as well as a place to post your car, or any car for that matter.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Network Solutions - Original domain name registration and reservation services with variety of internet-related business offerings. Quick, dependable and reliable.
    Last edited by Markos; 03-27-2015, 12:34 PM.

you mind measuring the diameter of the wheel face? I may be interested in these for a project.
    sigpic
    1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
    1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Will do!

Comment

Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
        you mind measuring the diameter of the wheel face? I may be interested in these for a project.
        I was thinking the same thing. Do it....

Comment

Sorry for the delay. I still need to pick the wheels up from the shop. I'll grab them tomorrow, measure the face, and snap some pics soon.

Comment

Here are the stats from the wheel shop:

The areas in red are out of tolerance. I'm not exactly sure what all of the numbers mean, but I was told that they weren't major. You may verify with a wheel shop.

Comment

Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
              After talking to a few buyers, I see what you are thinking also. The Faces are about 17.25". I'm not sure if you can make these into 3 piece wheels easily. The outer edge of the face is concave. The back of the face looks like it mounts flat. A lip would mount up, but the face would look a bit odd. These wheels in 3 piece form would be stunning! They would also look pretty fantastic if they bolted up to 18" style 5 barrels.

Also - don't forget the center mounted valve. You'd either need to weld up the hole on the lip, or just not use the valve by the hub.

Comment

sold!

Comment

If someone bought these to turn in to three piece wheels, I gotta see the end result!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X