Turd Ferguson E28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turd Ferguson E28

My E28 Build has been progressing pretty fast so I figured I'd start a build thread. A little background. I picked up an 88 535I 5 Speed from New Orleans. I drove it all the way back to Michigan with blown out rear subframe bushings. What a trip that was! Sketchy!

The exterior is spotless, zero rust and overall the car is in pretty good shape besides the interior. That's how it got its name, Turd Ferguson. Tan leather that's pretty nasty and smelled like total shit. First mod was 6 Christmas tree air fresheners for the 1200 mile trip.

My plan:
    Style 5's 17x8 ET20 drove to Indianapolis for those. Need some love.
    15mm spacers and hub rings all around.
    Black interior swap which I drove to Columbus picked up for $200!
    Big Brake upgrade with SS lines
    BC Coilovers (ordered)
    Euro Lamp swap (bought)
    A deep clean (in progress)
    Bumper tuck
    Window tint
    Steering wheel
    Maintenance crap
    I ordered a ton of shit! The credit card is screaming and begging for mercy but I want this car done for spring/summer. I'd like to hit SOWO in May and H20i, maybe a few other events local to me. We'll see! Stay tuned. Heres the pics!
    Ahh yes, the wipers were broke too!

This ratchet hoe. Delphin Grey but its been resprayed for sure.

My bushings all blown out. I stuffed a grommet and ziptie in there to get me home. It worked

Turd Ferguson tan
    Last edited by Shawnc16; 03-22-2015, 07:35 PM.
    '88 E28 535i

Slapped the Style 5's to get a good look at it. Looks like a 4x4 grandma cruiser.

Fancy

Swapped out the front brakes for a power stop kit with powder coated calipers. Race car shit. IE stainless brake lines as well. I stuffed the 15mm spacers on there to check it out. Definitely need to get rid of these monster truck tires.

Last edited by Shawnc16; 03-22-2015, 07:57 PM.
    '88 E28 535i

Comment

Yesterday I snagged the full interior with a dashboard in pretty solid shape for $200. Badass deal if you ask me. Black leatherette Im being told. Classy.

Pretty much up to date at this point. I swapped out the door panels. The carpet, seats and trim pieces are next. It needs to warm up a bit cuz this working in the cold stuff sucks! At some point I may actually wash it.
      '88 E28 535i

Comment

Oh Hey Girl

BC's have arrived!
        '88 E28 535i

Comment

in for this, love e28's.

Comment

sa-weet pick up! Subscribed!
            1993 BMW 325i
            2001 BMW 330ci vert
            2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Comment

sa-weet pick up! Subscribed!

Comment

yooo. you made a thread. looking forward to updates.

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonMcKiernan View Post
                  yooo. you made a thread. looking forward to updates.
                  Thanks fellas! I did, now if it would warm the hell up and stop snowing!

Ive got the cooling system ripped apart right now, some insane amount of oil caked everywhere in the engine bay and the interior needs to be swapped. Looks like it'll be a busy weekend in the garage. I swapped out the valve cover gasket, The oil pan is next. The trans is also leaking so I bought an output shaft seal for that. This bitch is gonna be brand new by the time I get done with it.

Pretty clean in there
                  Last edited by Shawnc16; 03-27-2015, 04:42 PM.
                  '88 E28 535i

Comment

I am praying when that mine looks like this or better when I open her up.
                    PCH Cruiser 1985 BMW e28 Build Thread

Comment

I was told this car only had 136k on it when I bought it. I drove it another 1200 home. I'd say it's in pretty damn good shape. The pan will tell me a lot more.
                      '88 E28 535i

Comment

Ok. I'm subbing. Hopefully can learn a lot from your build.

Comment

I'll try to take more pics as I go. Pick up a Bentley manual if you haven't already. Its expensive but has pretty good information in it.
                          '88 E28 535i

Comment

Got some shit done today. Water pump, T stat and silicone hoses swapped out and did some oil clean up. Ripped out the rear tan seats and carpet back there to get it ready to go black and never go back.

So I got this idea with the rear deck carpet looking like old shitty sun faded carpet. Suede bitches!

I dig it. It'll probably be a bitch to clean though. More to come tomorrow. I'm waiting on a few things before the coilovers go on.
                            Last edited by Shawnc16; 03-28-2015, 10:05 PM.
                            '88 E28 535i

Comment

Oh shit. I had this same Idea but with a different type of fabric. How do you go about getting that piece out?

Comment

Working...
                              X