Just a broke highschool student with a dodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a broke highschool student with a dodge

What's up guys! My name is David, i'm 16 years old and i live way up north in South Dakota. I've had my Dodge Charger since about... September? of last year. Previously it was my dad's company car and since he upgraded i got his old Charger. Before everyone gets excited about the big horse power numbers etc well it's only a V6 but it's pretty quick and sooner or later i'll probably do a couple upgrades down the road. At the moment it's only got an ebay CAI, and some electric exhaust cutouts welded in.

I apologize in advance for the potato quality iphone pics.. I'm gonna use my Sister's DSLR when i'm actually taking photoshoots etc.

Here's a couple stockish pics of how it sat for about 3 months. (On 20" SRT Reps)

Dem instagram filters tho

So way back in December i bought some street edge coilovers and well i haven't had time with school, plus it's been cold so last night i started putting them on. Well it didn't go as planned and i got 1 out of 4 installed

So first i got all my equipment to remove the wheels (It's on stock hubcaps because of the snow)

Then i got it up on jackstands, you know the usual.

Now we get to the meat of this install (I sprayed my calipers red a while back, i think it'll compliment the SRT Reps pretty well)

Had to get that rusty back bolt out. An Electric Torque Wrench is a man's best friend

And this is where it began to go down hill.... when i got to ball joint holding the upper control arm, i realized it was stripped... probably from some of the cheap repairs in the past. So i got out my trusty pitman arm puller and went to work

I ended up forcing the bolt back on after i got the coilover in and restripped it. It'll hold until i buy some adjustable control arms. I'll probably have to cut the bolt to get them off.. whatever

Well fast forward a few hours and i finally got the coilover put in.

That's about as far as i got last night. Later today i may get the left front installed, and if i can, maybe get the rears installed too.

I want to possible powdercoat my SRT reps because one has a little curb rash, and i'm thinking a darker tealish color? Anyone have any ideas? I'll try to get some interior pics and engine bay pics up later if i don't do more work on the suspension. I dunno how much more i'm gonna do exterior wise.... maybe i'll put some extra wide flares and make up a custom lip style spoiler. We'll see... I'll do my best to keep this updated the best i can.
    Last edited by cosmo135; 03-21-2015, 01:54 PM.

Hot damn this is cool

Subscribing for more progress.

Comment

Welcome to Good Burger home of the Good Burger, jk thanks for subscribing

I promised engine bay pics, so enjoy my Big American V6 yo

Last edited by cosmo135; 03-21-2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Man I rented one when I was in Cali in 2008, that V6 is a dog indeed. Couldn't even do a donut on dirt.
        But whatever, I really love the lines of these first gen's. Let me see what you can do with it

Comment

I think the next logical step for the v6 is to twin turbo charge it

But seriously this is a badass first car lol. Still excited to see it dumped on its ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Funk View Post
            Man I rented one when I was in Cali in 2008, that V6 is a dog indeed. Couldn't even do a donut on dirt.
            But whatever, I really love the lines of these first gen's. Let me see what you can do with it
            Yeah i know. It's the 3.5 so it's a little quicker. With baldish tires and the full ESP delete switch i wired in i can squeel the tires on launches and do donuts so not too bad for a first car .

Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
            I think the next logical step for the v6 is to twin turbo charge it

But seriously this is a badass first car lol. Still excited to see it dumped on its ass.
            My thoughts exactly i may look into turbo charging it... the compression is a little high and i'd need to learn to weld first

Yeah it'll be dumped soon

So onto the update

I got the front left coilover installed today... didn't have much time, but i'm gonna do the rears tomorrow. Anyways, while i was installing the front left a bolt was so incredibly rusted i broke a bunch of sockets and adapters serves me right for buying off brand sockets

Needless to say i went out a got a name brand kit

So heres some pics on steelies of the coilovers. They're at the max height they can go so the car isn't too lopsided

Again i apologize for the awful quality photos. My phone doesn't focus well at night apparently... but anyway even at max height on the coils it does look a little bit lower than stock. I'm hoping to have it slammed tomorrow though... stay tuned .

Comment

so last night i was casually browsing ebay as always, and i ended up buying an OEM Dodge Charger Daytona style lip like this,

I think it'll look pretty good.

I also ordered some Neo chrome lugs because my stock ones are complete **** and these are mad JDM bro. And i also bought a stanceworks banner so i'll be reppin the forums

I'm also hoping to install my rear coilovers today, so stay tuned for pics

Comment

noice dude, excited to see where this goes

Comment

inb4monstertruck

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinqer View Post
                    inb4monstertruck
                    your car is a monster truck.

lower it.

Comment

uh what is this mess?
                      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46504

Comment

Major Update

So uh yeah it's slammed...

I got the back two coilovers put on which were a major pain in the *** due to the mass amounts of rust. Well lets begin

First i want to give a shoutout to dodge for their el cheapo lugnuts.

(Don't worry i have aftermarket ones and some other high quality ones in the mail)

Here's some pictures of the hub...just your standard commuter car rear brakes

After this I removed a couple bolts etc and got the stock shock out. (Old Left, New Right)

Complimentary booty pic

Here's the old spring (Left) versus new spring (right)

Well as it turns out, the car has never had any of its suspension components replaced in its 9 years and 129,000 miles as a daily driver So here's some rust pics! I thought they turned out pretty well for an IPhone.

Anyways, after i got it all installed, i lowered the coilovers as far as they could go and well.... it's been slammed I apologize for the so so quality IPhone pics... i'm gonna go out and take some with my sisters DSLR tomorrow after class.

So yeah... It's far from done as you guys can tell. First thing it needs is spacers for the back atleast. I need to fix up the curb rash on my SRT reps and possible repaint them. Any ideas on the color? Should i just leave them flat black? I dunno if i should go for more camber. If i do i'd have to get some adjustable control arms but i think the camber that's on it right now is pretty good. Lots and Lots of interior work is coming next but yeah. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions. I'm always looking for more stuff to do And for more pictures etc of the car, i mainly upload them to my instagram in my bio, so shoot me a follow if you'd like!

Comment

Too cool for a first car. Slam it and get the full srt kit without the wing

Please buy a srt hood with the scoop and not put a fake scoop on. I will find you and i will rip it off >:{|
                          Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Originally posted by Motoman325 View Post
                            Too cool for a first car. Slam it and get the full srt kit without the wing

Please buy a srt hood with the scoop and not put a fake scoop on. I will find you and i will rip it off >:{|
                            Yeah, i'm eyeing the SRT skirts and bumpers i really want to find an SRT hood too.... I've been checking local junk yards to try and find a clean one... if not i'll just buy an OEM one at some point. And yeah Fake Scoops are a no

Comment

brushed aluminum for a wheel color
                              Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Working...
                              X