If you like M3's you're gonna be bummed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you like M3's you're gonna be bummed

Hello guys and ghouls, I'm here to go on about my e36 318i convertible. If you don't like it, don't read it. I wouldn't.

This is how it started. DS's, ripped comfort seats, and a broken back window. This thing actually had a lot of goods going on though when I got it. New FK coils, music system, great paint and body, M bumpers ready for paint, and a slew of other things in top of the fact that it runs and drives like a top.

First thing on the list was the seats. Torn up heated comfort seats came out, and I got a steal of a deal on a pair of E46 manual sport seats out of a coupe. I'll have to take some pics when I can, they look great in the e36 and basically bolt right in.

Second thing to address was this out of place red Grip Royal steering wheel. I had never touched one before, but let me tell ya, these things are cheesy!

That being that, I came across a sweet deal on a Nardi wheel and horn button on a company's website that I had heard about. So that's in there and I can beep at assholes.

Gave it a good clean, in and out. The sport seats must've came from a car that the owner smoked in with the windows up, because they literally cleaned up to a different color.

The car cleaned up a lot better than I thought so hell yeah I'm on one.

The DS1's and 225/45's had to go, so I sold them to some cat down in Maryland and delivered them that day. That left me without tr3ndy r1mz so i let my car sit on my snow tires and ac schnitzer reps. No picture of that, it was lame.

Came across a set of wheels Id been looking for for a long time, 17 inch RX's wrapped in a 205/40 Falken. They were beat to fuck and dirty but a good cleaning really did a number on them and I'll refinish/straighten them once I start giving a fuck.

Here they are, filthy, in the back of my Explorer.

Pretty sweet what a few hours and some soapy water/degreaser can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
    '85 GMC S15 Sierra long bed.
    '01 BMW 740iL
    Instagram @bennkishh

jealous of those wheels, where did you snag that nardi from?
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

So I dicked around waiting on some lugs and what not to mount the RX's to see what was going on. This proved to be bad for me, as waiting to mount the wheels made me a little bored. So I did what any logical person would do, picked up a M50 and Getrag 5 speed Trans because fuck me. New head gasket, mounts, alternator, trans service, VCG's, this that and the other thing. I plan to do a head job to address some variety of Cyl. 1 timing issues I was told about. A "while I'm in there" typed thing.

So the M50 and Getrag is chillin in the back of my explorer until I can set up my shed the way it needs to be to work on the motor and what not. Car's been running great and the M42 has been giving it its all every day. I'm admittedly a bit hesitant to swap the car because the motor runs so good and I'm getting stellar gas mileage out of the 4cyl, so I'll say that money talks if you want my swap

Anyway, I forget what I was talking about but I mounted the wheels with great success. I knew these specs were going to be stellar, and they did not disappoint. Some fender work and a small spacer will without a doubt get me a canibeat feature and a date with sn_elvis.

The front still has a ways to come down but these FK's are sweet and still have over an inch and a half of adjustability to go down if need be.

Here she is top down Chillin how it sits now. It's a really surprisingly fun car to scoot around in, and I really like it a lot more than a couple of my past cars, including my e12, even though it was cool. So yeah, this is my dumb little vehicle, hope you enjoy looking at it.

'93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
      '01 BMW 740iL
      Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
        jealous of those wheels, where did you snag that nardi from?

Joint's called constant-collection.com, they have pretty sweet products and pricing!

'93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
        '01 BMW 740iL
        Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

i like this
          @ DEARSTEPDAD
          Slow 'N' Soft Build : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1054474

Comment

Looks awesome, i thought it was painted in grey in the last picture haha
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SliPsY View Post
              Looks awesome, i thought it was painted in grey in the last picture haha
              It's pretty neat, photographing this car results in it looking like a different color every time lol.
              '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
              '01 BMW 740iL
              Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

I can dig it
                This is my signature

Comment

I like this thread, good work

Comment

i like this gay car tbh
                    1997 Jeep Cherokee, 33's, 4.5 inch lift *gone but not forgotten*

1994 Acura Integra *gone and totally forgotten*

1987 BMW 528e *rip lil homie*

2010 Subaru Impreza

insta: @georgiebrums

Comment

Originally posted by lolwtfomgbbq View Post
                      i like this gay car tbh
                      Thx bro! Haha swag! Let's go to a meet! Yeah, coilovers!

George is my modification consultant/elite stancegod
                      '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
                      '01 BMW 740iL
                      Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

Picked up some choice clear vinyl while cruising through Walmart looking for dog food. Anyone have any ideas as to not completely fuck it up while using it to put in the hole that was once my rear window? I bought more than my fair share of it so I can do multiple attempts.

Pic of me being a queer in Walmart

'93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
                        '01 BMW 740iL
                        Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

I like M3's, and I like this.
                          My 2011 Toyota Vitz build thread.
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56411

Comment

/suswizards\ my advice is dont be a squid. buy a hardtop. trackday
                            1997 Jeep Cherokee, 33's, 4.5 inch lift *gone but not forgotten*

1994 Acura Integra *gone and totally forgotten*

1987 BMW 528e *rip lil homie*

2010 Subaru Impreza

insta: @georgiebrums

Comment

gotta love a(n) e36 vert

Whats the name of the color?
                              Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Working...
                              X