Hondata KPRO
    Paxton 1200 supercharger
    Science of speed 3.2 pulley
    CP Pistons
    skunk rods
    ACL bearings
    Darton MID sleeves
    super tech dual springs/valves/titanium retainers
    Ballistic/Giles cams (gained 50WHP "supposedly" on another car) we will see how they do
    Oversized Heat Exchanger
    KOYO radiator/cap

380WHP/250 FT-LBS
    Capable of 11K RPMs but stuck reduced due to supercharger overspinning

To start off here's MY04 S2000 shortly after I picked the car up, bone stock with 20K miles on the odometer:

And here is how the car is currently sitting 4 years later... Rather depressing but never forgotten

Here's how the car got to that point...

Traditionally I was all into the low and slow style, staying out of trouble and bombing around with friends great right? Then I picked up a s2000 and was face with the difficult decision of stretch the tires or barrel them over and get some grip with a meaty stance and enjoy the bag out of the car. The last car was a cut up scion tC that was on air ride and a set of BBS RS and when I picked this up I quickly decided to go polar opposite.

So what do I do first? Pick up wheels and coilovers, a K&N intake and a invidia N1 exhaust

So I tracked down a set of traditional japanese wheels and had a goal in mind so I found these 17x9 17x8 Advan SA3Rs

But they were rather hideos so I quicly powdercoated them black and bought a set of APR carbon mirrors... Why? I have no clue as with a lot of parts on this car they will get replaced down the road anyways

This was all fine and good but the GF/soon to be X ***** the sound of the invidia exhaust so I ditched it and picked up a berk high flow cat and greddy ti-c exhaust.

Right on but then this happened...

I stumbled upon this video of the Js Racing touge s2000 and fell in love with the world of high end Honda builds

So I picked up a Js racing carbon intake
    Js racing SPL header
    Js racing 70rr in titanium

All the same components on the touge car and also slapped on an APR splitter around the same time.

Coming with these I snagged a greddy emanage ultimate and got a tune picking up 30WHP and 27 FT-LBS of torque, dropping vtec to 4K RPMs and getting a lot of responsiveness out of the car.

Awesome, now the car feels great but I wanted more responsiveness so it was time to ditch the HEAVY SA3Rs for some cheaper functional cheap wheels so what does every JDM kid do... Pick up RPF1s 17x9 +45 with 255/40/r17 Nitto NT05s

And I grabbed an OEM hardtop that is still sitting in storage...

Around this time to my surprise Js racing aero parts started hitting the market... So I jumped on what I could...

Js Full carbon hood:

And a picture of the project S2000 with my old daily AP1

Then a Js racing AP1 lip showed up, same as off the touge car with the dry carbon canards ( still never installed ), I also picked up an ASM dry carbon trunk and a pair of craftsquare mirrors

At this point the car needed more power and I wanted to more rubber under the car...

So I tracked down a Comptech v1 supercharger good for about 300WHP running a paxton1000 and a pair of carbon +30MM fenders and decided to do some supporting modifications to get me to my goal.
    - ID1000
    - Hondata KPRO
    -Oversized heat exchanger
    -Oil Cooler

And then one day i show up and my mechanic knowing I love titanium surprised me with a titanium intake he fabricated to replace the POS comptech one

At this point the Paxton1000 died on the dyno so we ordered up a Paxton1200 (flows better than the 1220) and the goal is responsive power not just numbers. We also opted to replace the clutch with a ACT HDSS good for 370 FT-LBS CRANK

Awesome, good to go? Nope hit the dyno:

Made 440WHP/330 FT-LBS and then after the car has been in the shop for 8+ months I get the call that ends a 18 month relationship... Dan the motor blew, coolant dropped in the cylinders and 2&3 are dead. I was a bit beat up but understood these things happen the car came stock with 240HP and we are now at +200 HP at the wheels, god knows how much at the crank after factoring in the supercharger and drivetrain loss... 600 range?

The KICKER? They hadn't even added more than the base timing so here is where we are now:

The car sitting with my current daily ('14 BRZ) DON'T BUY ONE... most boring car on Fn Earth!

Picked up a new sleeved block that's getting punched out to 2.4L, all new internals, set of cams, roll bar, blah blah blah blah... Why not right? I'm single now after all

All and all the car should be a monster, I'll be up front and state I've lost a lot of interest in the car as I haven't sat in it for over a year, I am completely disconnected with the motor build and merely write a check once a month to continue funding it because I know the car will be a blast when it's done.

My only requirement right now for the shop? Build me a motor capable of handling 900HP and start pricing out a differential and transmission and go through the details when it's done. I basically gave Scotty S2K Ballistic free rains with what's left to be done and that is what he is doing.

Bit of an update:

Engine bay painted:

Motor build:

Engine installed:

Last edited by Punchit8K; 01-25-2016, 10:52 AM.

damn, cant wait to see this once the motor is back in
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

"lips smack" tasty son, tasty. Please continue writing those checks this is gonna be fuc*n amazing.

Comment

Stopped by and dropped off another check, new sleeved block and head passed all inspections by the machine shop. Now to order new internals and wait for pistons to be made (Approximately 5 weeks)

Good news is car should be out by summer!

Comment

I can't believe i missed the first post. This is gonna be gooooooood!
          [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
          [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
          Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Shouldve just gone ls3 or j32 turbo. Done!
            Hope you get it all done soon and we get vidz of boost

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
              Shouldve just gone ls3 or j32 turbo. Done!
              Hope you get it all done soon and we get vidz of boost
              I really wanted to but couldn't justify the cost when I was with the X GF
              Something about getting married and settling down?

But that being said I did a ton of research into a LS swapped s2000 and while I would LOVE to have one and probably will down the road, a lot of the competitive s2000s on the circuit either run supercharged or turbo applications :/

Top Fuel s2000

Current best lap at fuji speedway

The LS s2000 would just be EXTREMELY reliable to drive around in and an absolute blast so someday perhaps!

Comment

Ahh, sorry to hear about the engine! I love the build though. Very tastefully done. I like where it's going too. Keep it up! I'm anxious to see the power with the sleeved block (I've always wanted one of those lol)

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

I was diggin' it until you said the BRZ is the most boring car on earth... You must not have driven many cars have you? lol I kid, I kid.
                  Instagram: yobrandonnn

Comment

Hell yeah, all for threads that make me **** not owning one.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Originally posted by FRSBrndn View Post
                      I was diggin' it until you said the BRZ is the most boring car on earth... You must not have driven many cars have you? lol I kid, I kid.
                      In all fairness my last daily driver before the BRZ was a 2001 S2000 that I put a header back exhaust on, intake, tune and hankook RS3 tires and was a blast. Before that I had a 2001 GSR that was a blast

Before that I owned this

I shouldn't say it's boring, it is an AMAZING daily driver I'm just torn because I want to supercharge it and yet this car has been SUCH a headache and I am not in love with the car enough to look at spending this much money on that car :/

Originally posted by M.Doban View Post
                      Ahh, sorry to hear about the engine! I love the build though. Very tastefully done. I like where it's going too. Keep it up! I'm anxious to see the power with the sleeved block (I've always wanted one of those lol)
                      Still waiting to hear back on the actual new displacement... at this point the cars been down for a year so it's more of a I'm excited to drive it but sick of hearing about it ordeal

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                      Hell yeah, all for threads that make me **** not owning one.
                      Get one, I want one to be designated as a cheap track car. In New england they can be grabbed for 6-8K in modest shape with around 100K miles on them!

Comment

Damn I've always really wanted one of these and this is making me feel that again.

Comment

Originally posted by UpperClass View Post
                          Damn I've always really wanted one of these and this is making me feel that again.
                          Grab one!

Side note, just purchased valve springs and retainers... time will tell where the new motor will redline at... Also going to drop off the blown motor to get sleeved as a backup with the plan to run an inline pro 2.4L stroker kit on that... should be on the road in <30 days if things go as planned

Comment

Looks nice! Miss my old 04 S (had an 01 SC'ed and a 04 stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Punchit8K View Post
                              In New england they can be grabbed for 6-8K in modest shape with around 100K miles on them!
                              Where? I go buy nao! Where?

I'm in MA, so the S2Ks I've seen for sale are around for 14-20K. Even a Rebulit S is being asked for 13K. Granted an AP2 but still a Rebuilt title.....

Comment

Working...
                              X