Lil D21 diddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil D21 diddy

Traded my super sweet rusty, broken, in need of engine, civic si for this D21. Speedo stopped at 222450... Runs and drives decent.

New tail lights, fixed other lights, smaller tires, and general clean up.
    3" drop/ish, Nissan pathfinder 15x7 wheels, with current 195/65's. Had 235/75's dont know why.

How I picked it up, minus tail lights and roof bars...

Purchased these, Amazon $25, paint $10.

5 coats later and finished product:

Current with new tires.

Deciding on wheels, and drop from here on. Prolly going to repaint as well.

KA?

These are easily my favorites of the mini trucks.

Comment

Love what you did to the tails

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Im new to Nissans, but from what I read its a ka24e. Not the more common de? Needs a good engine cleaning, should be done here soon, really thinking of some 16 or 17 steels. Possibly trooper or pathfinder mesh OE's. Found a original rear bumper for it with ball for towing, should finally be able to find me a low trailer to go with it.

Comment

Yep, they didn't put the KA24DE into the trucks until the Frontier. In terms of which is more common, I suspect the SOHC version actually has higher production numbers, though I have no real evidence either way.

You'll want to keep an ear to any kind of racket coming from the timing chain. KAs are tough little engines, but the SOHC engines do eventually eat their timing chain guides, and the results tend not to be real pretty.
          Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 03-16-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
            Yep, they didn't put the KA24DE into the trucks until the Frontier. In terms of which is more common, I suspect the SOHC version actually has higher production numbers, though I have no real evidence either way.

You'll want to keep an ear to any kind of racket coming from the timing chain. KAs are tough little engines, but the SOHC engines do eventually eat their timing chain guides, and the results tend not to be real pretty.
            But you can just take that little bastard off and throw it in the trash can.
            IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Off topic:
              What is that copper car on the 1st pic? Only ever saw a similar car on Breaking Bad!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay P View Post
                Off topic:
                What is that copper car on the 1st pic? Only ever saw a similar car on Breaking Bad!
                That's a Pontiac Aztek. Quite possibly one of the ugliest vehicles ever made.

I'd still like to see one done up by someone.

GM tried to customize one:

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Arrowheads View Post
                  That's a Pontiac Aztek. Quite possibly one of the ugliest vehicles ever made.

I'd still like to see one done up by someone.

GM tried to customize one:

Oh GM, you so crazy.lol I've actually got a better looking modified Aztec pic I gotta dig up. /end rant /end thread jack
                  Awesome attention on those taillights

Comment

Onto some random pics, with the newly aquired but used bumper. Then clutch pedal went down to floor, replaced master and slave, along with a water/fluid hybrid that come out. Brake fluid absorbs water people, change that crap at least 1 time every hundred k.

Comment

Looks rad! Love D21s

Renato
                      Team TWM Performance
                      TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                      sigpic

Comment

Some new clear bumper lights.... looking for wheels.

Comment

Its a start. These things can be serious drift missiles. Maybe a v8 or Vq35/350z swap. Subbed to see where it goes as long as it's low
                          The Calm Before the Storm
                          My db7 Daily Whip Build
                          @PennyBoi

Comment

First I was like WTFFFF at tail choice..

Then I was like damnnnn son

Comment

Thanks, few more shots of some small things. Air intake cover, new cup holder, and why I cant go much lower at the moment....

Comment

Working...
                              X