FS: 2001 740i Sport - 6 Speed Manual Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 2001 740i Sport - 6 Speed Manual Conversion

Selling a custom 2001 BMW 740i M Sport Package with a 6 speed manual conversion. Enthusiast owned. Never sold in the US with a manual!

Transmission and majority of parts were sourced from a low mileage e39 540i, custom driveshaft, new clutch master cylinder, euro e38 shifter boot, etc, etc.

Being a sport package it has sport seats, shadowline trim, sport suspension, 3.15 sport differential, sport steering wheel. Car runs & drives absolutely incredible with enormous amounts of power and torque! Just as much fun to drive as my previous e39 M5.

This is a running and driving project. In the future, the computer needs to be coded to think the car is a manual (get rid of the transmission failsafe light as the automatic transmission is gone) so the check engine light is on. But like I said, runs and drives extremely smooth and strong. I drive the car everyday as-is, and it performs great. I've gotten a quote from a highly reputable BMW tuning shop in Orange County to finish up the coding/wiring for $400 and I can pass that info to the new owner. Selling this project as I just do not have time for it, and I know I'll regret it as it's so rare.

-Clean California title
    -Current registration til october 2015
    -Clean carfax
    -Smogged (Passed 12/19/2014) I dont have the paper but it shows on CA DMV SMOG HISTORY when searched. Valid til 3/19/2015
    -Mobil 1 synthetic 15w-50 oil change with Hengst filter 300 miles ago
    -Matching staggered performance tires with 80% tread remaining
    -New Black Kidney Grilles
    -Muffler delete (slight growl now)
    -New GRAF waterpump, BMW blue coolant, & OEM Behr thermostat
    -Clutch is tight and grabs great
    -New shifter bushings so they are tight with almost NO play between gears
    -545i e60 shift linkage for shorter throws
    -Brand New OEM BMW "M" 6 speed black leather weighted shift knob (just installed)
    -Ice cold A/C
    -Hot heater
    -Power front seats
    -Heated front seats
    -Power windows
    -Sunroof
    -6 CD changer
    -OEM 4:3 Navigation
    -White LED interior bulbs
    -Aluminum gauge cluster rings & new cluster bulbs
    -OEM HID headlamps with new 8k bulbs
    -HID foglights with matching 8k bulbs

Paint definitely needs a good detailing/buffing, and a few areas of touch ups. Black leather interior looks nice for its age.

This e38 is a rare find for being a 6 speed. The hardest and most expensive part is already done for you. With a little more time and money it can be a show quality 7 series which will fetch a pretty penny down the road

$5,500 FIRM & SOLD AS-IS. Just looking to recoup what I have into it. Located in San Diego. Will ship at BUYERS expense.

Wow. This is awesome.

Comment

Stellar car, wish I had the cash
      4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Looks like a blast to drive !

Comment

How many miles on it? Thanks.

Comment

fuck, would have bought this if available a few months ago. glws.

Comment

This is long gone guys, sorry. Sold the First day it was for sale. Thanks for all the interest. Was an incredible car!

Comment

Working...
              X