Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no true universal Air Springs bag for Taiwan style coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no true universal Air Springs bag for Taiwan style coilovers?

I don't get it. When I look at Airrex and Airlift all I see is a BC Racing or any other Taiwan coilover with a air spring. Yet Airlift/Airrex is charging a hefty premium with only a 1 year warranty. Airrex charges $3100 for e38 air struts, I don't see how 4 air springs can drive the cost of Taiwan coilovers to over 3 grand. WTF.

When I read Airrex/Airlift internal damper info they seem to be a few steps behind Broadway Static/Fortune/ISC. So why no universal double bellow/sleeve bags that can be swapped out like swift springs on better built dampers with longer warranties? Its a head scratcher, I don't get it.

*rant over*

I'm running into the same issue. I was considering buying the airrex kit for me e38 until i read reviews and actually started researching what components they used.

In the end i decided to get broadway static coilovers and im gonna use UAS aerosport bags. does kind suck that we cant use double bellow for the front though. Zack at UAS said the aerosport bags fit with no issue in the rear, no need for sleeve bags. Can you confirm or deny that?
    Brandon Moss.
    Current Car: 2001 BMW 740iL
    Past Cars: 2000 BMW 328CI, 1969 BMW 2002, 1996 BMW 328I
    Instagram: @_Bmoss

Comment

Working...
    X