Long Intro From a Newb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Intro From a Newb

Hey guys! Just joined here obviously and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Caleb I live in SWFL (yay! no winter wheels!) and I'm 25 yrs old. I've always been into cars for as long as I can remember. Cars and Star Wars. And my current car reflects this. I started out loving american muscle. That was all I ever wanted, and I still do want a 68' Dodge Charger. My dad would always take me to a classic car show every Friday. And every Friday he would buy me a new model car there. His buddies would always be there with there cars. 69' Road Runner, 2 69' Chevelle's, 63' Impala, 69' Camaro.....Good times...

Anyways, as I got older I took more of an interest in JDM cars. I loved how they could handle so well and, around the track, were faster than the big bad muscle cars. Although I personally think nothing will ever sound as good as a carbureted V8, these little JDM cars weren't bad. Now as I got into my 20's I was very much into JDM, with the dream of owning a classic muscle car being just, a dream.

Things started to change though when I started working for a BMW dealership...European cars...V8's...that could also handle well...

When I started my job there I was still driving my first car. A 2001 Ford Focus ZX3. Loved that damn thing. Nothing done to it though, it was an automatic. After about a year of working there, I was looking into a new car. E46 M3 or E39 M5. Thats what I wanted. But thats not what my budget allowed lol. So I was looking at 350Z's, G35's and 00-03 Mustangs. Then my eyes landed on a 2004 Winning Blue Mazda RX8. I was in love. I had to have it. So I got it! My first car to really mod and make my own.

From the start the RX8 already had 19" Keskin wheels and lowered with Megan Racing springs. Looked good. Until I tried to show off and hit a curb My fault, still mad. Fortunately, no "major" damage. Couple of arms, replaced an airbag, and oh yeah, one completely damaged wheel. Shit. Didn't have money for new wheels at the time. Bought some used G35 wheels real cheap and rode on those. I then save up some money and bought new MB Weapons 18x9 +38 with 245/40's all around. PERFECT with the drop of the springs! Was so happy now!! Then...I struck GOLD! I won a $1000 gift certificate to Discount Tire. NEW WHEELS!!!!! I ordered up some TSW Interlagos in 18x10.5 +27 with 255/35's all around. SOOOOOO excited! But with these wheels, I needed coilovers. So I saved up some more and bought Megan Racing coilovers. Working at the dealership, I've become very good friends with the techs. One of which who offered to install my coilovers FREE of charge! I payed him though. I bought him lunch for a week. Still, not bad. Now my car is sitting low on nice wheels...oh yeah....

Had this setup for about 3 months, then my wife had a surprise waiting at home...WE'RE HAVING A BABY. Now I need to sell my RX8. I had some 265/35's wrapped on those TSW's to get it ready for sale. After 2 weeks, it was sold...

AND MY NEW CAR WAS ORDERED!!! My current BMW X1. After about one month, I lowered it on BC-Racing coilovers to give it some much needed low. Then some minor things. Tune, muffler delete..oh and then I got sponsored by Inovit Wheels. Which brings my car to its current state.

Thank you all for reading! And enjoy the pics!

DSC_0951 by bamsterman
    DSC_0927 by bamsterman, on Flickr

Welcome!

The x1s look so good lowered + m-sport. What's the interior color?

Comment

Originally posted by _e90 View Post
      Welcome!

The x1s look so good lowered + m-sport. What's the interior color?
      Coral Red

Comment

Pretty cool story, and what a car! Both of them looked splendid, this is the first X1 I've seen close to the ground and it looks fantastic haha
        Make sure to post a build thread about the X1, you'd get a lot more attention which you deserve

Comment

Working...
        X