Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For E36 Guys.. Lets Talk Suspension..

Long story short,

I have a set of Fortune Auto 500s with 10k F, and 12k Rears.

I believe my rear springs are 7 inches, and at 12k leads me to believe this is the reason they will not go any lower than an inch or so... I'am currently shopping around and reading about springs and their length/rates, but have yet to find a thread covering my question.

With my current setup, I have my dampening adjusted to the "Hard" setting (24 way adjustable) By doing so would this prevent me from being able to lower my car to its full potential? I figure with the new spring rates I would need to adjust the dampening to a softer setting to allow for shock travel with stiffer springs?

Has anyone with an E36 ran a 4 inch 18k spring setup for the rear? and I assume that by doing this I would need to stiffen up the fronts so I was thinking about just swapping my rear springs up front since they seem to be about the same size and diameter....

Post some pointers and concerns.

-Cris

Picture of said car
    Last edited by rawritscris; 02-26-2015, 03:18 PM.
    DESTROY GARAGE
    S T R E E T S T Y L E

@CRISMACSTUDIO

love your sig pic

im not an expert but i dont think dampening settings would stop travel
    Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

I'm running 16k front and 18k rear BroadwayStatic coils. I tuck 17's on all 4 corners with plenty more room to go lower.
      Instagram: @mattragsdale
      '97 M3 build

Comment

For E36 Guys.. Lets Talk Suspension..

Originally posted by Motoman325 View Post
        love your sig pic

im not an expert but i dont think dampening settings would stop travel

Thanks, I just took that photo the other night.

My understanding of damping is that it it controls the compression and rebound of the shock which effects the force your spring will move Up and down. Not actually stop the travel, but effect it's travel.

Originally posted by Stancyeze View Post
        I'm running 16k front and 18k rear BroadwayStatic coils. I tuck 17's on all 4 corners with plenty more room to go lower.

That would be because Broadway's are modified FAs and use short shocks and springs that are valved appropriately for those high spring rates.

I guess my question would be if I could run a shorer lengtht spring with a high rate , without having to re valve my shocks. What would the negative effects be over time?
        DESTROY GARAGE
        S T R E E T S T Y L E

@CRISMACSTUDIO

Comment

Working...
        X