Classic 92 Hatch Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic 92 Hatch Build

Hello everyone, I have browsed through these forums and builds for a while now and I figured why not throw my own up. I am a full time student at MTSU so finding time to work on my car is sometimes limited. Maybe this thread will encourage me to finish it faster with a little motivation. I owned an Ek hatch about 3 years ago and it was my pride and joy until i totaled it (stupid 16 year old me). Anyways, I bought a 92 CX hatch on Halloween of 2014. Here's a few pics when I got it.

It had a LSV, stock ls with gsr head when i bought it, but i swapped a b16 in it after I blew up the LSV.

Last edited by lowdano; 02-24-2015, 03:58 PM.

Nice!any other specs?

Comment

I'm not a fan of Honda's but I like the color and overall look of this so far. I see lots of win!!

Comment

Not the biggest fan of some of the mods, but overall, it looks really clean. Really nice color too.

Comment

So one of the first things I bought were some Bride Low Max seats (these don't stay long) and I really liked them at first until i realized that racing seats with that small of a seat is not ideal for daily driving.

Next up was to get rid of the STRs. They looked good but it wasn't my personal look, they were already on the car when i got it and I want this car to be "mine" not something someone else built.

So i went ahead and got a lifetime alignment on her because I figure that's a good way to commit to keeping this car for a while

I figured if I really cared about this car, it needs to be kept in a garage. (This is the first time a car had been in my garage in about 4 years, it was packed with clutter!)

More pics to come!!

Comment

Love the colour. How much of a hit to your fuel mileage do you take with that spoiler on the rear hatch? They look great but at the same time they also look like a big air brake.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaAlpha9 View Post
              Love the colour. How much of a hit to your fuel mileage do you take with that spoiler on the rear hatch? They look great but at the same time they also look like a big air brake.
              Lol I lose at least 15 mpg. I've always like the look of the BYS. Some **** it some like it, to each their own.

Comment

Great to see another honda on stanceworks. Car looks really good (apart from that BYS spoiler, but thats just me)

Any ideas on what wheels you're going to run next?

Comment

Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
                  Great to see another honda on stanceworks. Car looks really good (apart from that BYS spoiler, but thats just me)

Any ideas on what wheels you're going to run next?
                  I'm on steelies atm, (pics to come) but i'm thinking about rota kyusha 15x8 front and 15x9 rear. I wish i had money for work wheels but tuition and books come first

Comment

Okay so a little update for you guys. I was able to pick up an EF sedan with ground control and konis for CHEAP! Got the running car for less than what the coilovers cost new.

After i had been driving the b16 I swapped in my car, it started missing, long story short, it had a bent valve and I couldn't keep driving on it. I ended up finding another eg hatch with a JDM GSR in it but car had no title which worked for me. I used this hatch for any parts i needed on mine and for the motor.

So i figured, if I'm pulling a motor out of this car for the second time now, I want it to look good. My buddy works at a body shop and said he would paint the bay if I did all of the body work. So i got to sanding and cleaning the bay.

I started out by cutting my shock towers, they were cracking from my control arms hitting.

Ready to paint now!

I'm gonna leave it at that for now

Comment

Looks good. Make sure you shave that nub off your drivers side UCA, if you look at your cut there's a puck from it still smacking. I just shaved mine off with an angle grinder. Very glad to see the STR's go.

Comment

Originally posted by Dremetos View Post
                        Looks good. Make sure you shave that nub off your drivers side UCA, if you look at your cut there's a puck from it still smacking. I just shaved mine off with an angle grinder. Very glad to see the STR's go.
                        I went back to oem ucas and i've put them all the way through to make sure i have clearance. Most aftermarket ucas are just too wide and the nuts always hit.

Comment

Yeah that's good. Hey, I actually have a set of raised strut tower caps from Downstar Inc I got for my Civic but never ended up using. I'd let them go cheap if you're interested.. Not trying to be a salesman, but why not offer haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Dremetos View Post
                            Yeah that's good. Hey, I actually have a set of raised strut tower caps from Downstar Inc I got for my Civic but never ended up using. I'd let them go cheap if you're interested.. Not trying to be a salesman, but why not offer haha.
                            I was gonna buy a set when they were back in stock a couple weeks agobut what i don't understand is how they can weld up to my cut correctly. I feel like it's gonna be a little off. Also, I've already painted my bay with a mixture of colors lol, I won't be able to color match the extensions.
                            Last edited by lowdano; 02-24-2015, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Yeah, you really need to put them on and trace and refine your cuts to make the fitment perfect. I ended up selling my car with mine cut open. I'll PM you.

Comment

Working...
                              X