Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are all you USA guys buying these wheels from Germany (or internationally)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are all you USA guys buying these wheels from Germany (or internationally)?

There's a lot of wheels I like in the for for sale section but most of them are in Germany or Europe. Do you guys from the US feel safe/comfortable spending over $2-$3K internationally via Paypal?

I screen shot the ad, messages and whatnot, and make sure everything done through paypal is legit and to protocol so they can protect me if need be. Also helps if you are buying from someone who has sold multiple sets before. It is a bit nerve wracking though, considering it can take weeks to get the wheels.

Comment

I do not feel comfortable sending a large amount, but I have done it in the past.
      International wire transfers cannot be reversed. Paypal is still iffy, the wheels may show up and if they are not in the condition they are describes, the buyer is pretty much fucked.
      Especially if the seller is slow to respond/or will not disclose location.

This thread should be elsewhere.
      Last edited by zoo; 01-31-2015, 01:31 PM.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

So it would be positive for the forum and members if buyer can leave feedback for sellers.
        sigpic

Follow me on Instagram:
        German Classic Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by daywalker View Post
          So it would be positive for the forum and members if buyer can leave feedback for sellers.
          I wish we had a feedback page somewhere... I'm a bit surprised we don't already.

You guys are right about limited protection via Paypal but it's way better than nothing. I just read Paypal's international policy and feel a bit better... There "buyer protection programme" covers Germany, UK, Australia, etc...

Comment

You linked eBay info, not certain their rules apply.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Working...
            X