Tire size for 18x9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire size for 18x9

Hey everyone, i just ordered myself some 18x9 +35 wheels today for my Mazda 6, should be coming in next week! Super pumped but i am curious about what tire size will look and work the best for me. Rather it being 215/40 or 225/40. I drive around 40-60 miles a day, i don't speed or fly around corners just cruising from work and school. I know regardless i will have to roll fenders flat. I just get back and forth answers about 215 being "too small" for a 9in wheel and "our car weighs too much for a big stretch", then some say "it will fit way better and look better with 215" and they have no problems with 215 on a 9in wheel.

Whats your opinion on a 215/40 on a 9inch wheel for how many miles i drive? also which one is going to ultimately look, and fit better and last longer?

Thanks!

I have a heavy pig of a car too, and I run 205/40/18 Neo Gens (which run narrow) on 8.5" with no trouble. 215s should be just fine on 9". Obviously with any stretched tire you want to keep a closer eye on your tire pressure.

As for what looks better, that's up to your eye. Tyrestretch.com is a good resource so you can get an idea of what amount of stretch you're going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
      I have a heavy pig of a car too, and I run 205/40/18 Neo Gens (which run narrow) on 8.5" with no trouble. 215s should be just fine on 9". Obviously with any stretched tire you want to keep a closer eye on your tire pressure.

As for what looks better, that's up to your eye. Tyrestretch.com is a good resource so you can get an idea of what amount of stretch you're going to get.
      Thank you! That site helped sooo much! Also with tire pressure... When it's stretched you need to run much higher pressure right?

Comment

I wouldn't run any higher than you typically do, otherwise you're going to wear the center of the contact patch a lot faster. Run the appropriate pressure and just check it frequently.

Comment

Working...
        X