Polished AMG rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polished AMG rims

just finished polishing my lips. i was debating whether i should clear coat now or wait till after i have the tires on. i might not get the tires on for another couple of weeks, how would i maintain the aluminium to prevent it from oxidation and how long do i have?

clear coat will give you less of a miror finish (something i wouldn't do if u just polished my lips/wheels
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

yeah but the rims will be going on my daily driver that i put on 300+ miles a week. so it will get dirty alot quicker and i would have to be washing more often. i would need to polish the lips everytime i wash the car in order to keep the mirror finish right?

Comment

A coat of synthetic wax over the polished aluminum will help retain the shine for a while longer.

You could also investigate clear powdercoat over the lips. Powder tends not to haze the shine quite so much as clearcoat.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
          A coat of synthetic wax over the polished aluminum will help retain the shine for a while longer.

You could also investigate clear powdercoat over the lips. Powder tends not to haze the shine quite so much as clearcoat.
          how often would the wax last before needing to wax again. considering the amount of miles im driving

Comment

Depends on the wax, your driving conditions, and your expectations. There's not a number I can throw you.

If you're going to have raw aluminum lips, they do require a certain amount of maintenance.

Comment

my polished lips usually stay on from may till oktober/november (depending on when it snows or freezes)
              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Changing the diameter will not affect the offset.
                Have not looked over your numbers yet.
                Lily lara

Comment

Working...
                X