Static 2009 Volvo S40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static 2009 Volvo S40

Hi all, just thought I may as well post a thread to show you my car. It's an '09 Volvo S40 R-Design Sport

Last edited by Kelvy; 01-29-2015, 07:43 AM.

Did you have any more photos?
    Visit Bagriders.com for the best deals on Airride suspension.

Stbk123 - Instagram.

ViolentClique

Comment

This has alot of promise. I would've owned one if the lug pattern wasn't stupid

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

I know what you mean about the 5x108 rubbish, very limited wheel choices available. Would a staggered set of 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 look too small on it? (these are 18's) I'm not sure whether to go 18" or go 19".

Comment

Nice! I vote keep it at 18", 19" are too big on this chassis in my opinion. Same goes for the c30. These wheels spaced out a little bit would look clean! Any interior shots?
          My Build:

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvy View Post
            I know what you mean about the 5x108 rubbish, very limited wheel choices available. Would a staggered set of 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 look too small on it? (these are 18's) I'm not sure whether to go 18" or go 19".
            Good thing is you can run RARI 3pc wheels

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Philohlean: Thanks man! I'm thinking the 19's would look too big on it too, but if I buy a set of wheels they will have smaller tyre walls and more stretch, so they might look too small. I have 5mm spacers all round on these 18x7.5 Medusas. I haven't got any interior shots yet, I never think of taking any. I'll hoover the car some day and take a few snaps.

244Brick: What is RARI? a way of changing the PCD? Sorry for being stupid lol.

Comment

This thing is sick. 19s would be to big though. Get some wide deep dish 18s and your set.
                sigpic1998 Volvo s70 na auto
                kinda low, kinda loud, really slow. check it.
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35112

Comment

Thanks dharker. I agree, 19's would look too big on it. The trouble is trying to find some 5x108 wheels that would suit her, as the 5x108 choices are very limited.

Comment

Just run adapters potentially?
                    IG: @sebastienaudeon
                    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                    *pats Sebs head*
                    there there.
                    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

I've thought about adapters, but have heard mixed reports. A lot of people complain that they aren't safe, but then again there are loads of people using them...

Anybody got any wheel suggestions? (regardless of bolt pattern)

Comment

No problem man! Definitely stick with 18's, make em wide and go for a 40 profile tire with a milder stretch and you'll be in business . "Rari" wheels as in Ferrari. They have the same bolt pattern as Volvo (5x108), although usually lower offsets (more rwd volvo friendly), although it makes for nice aggressive fitment on the fwd cars.
                        My Build:

Comment

just run (fer)rari wheels

volvo + ferrari wheels = (usually) big win
                          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Think I will stick with 18's. When I get wheels, they'll likely be 8.5 or 9's up front and 9.5 or wider in the back. Sometimes the width helps make the wheels look bigger too, probably because the wheel is closer to the arch (fender).

I didn't know about the Ferrari wheels fitting Volvos, learn something new everyday haha

Comment

5x108

Last edited by P78; 01-30-2015, 08:31 AM.
                              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                              X