Hyped because @#$% it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyped because @#$% it

Wassup Stance Works, I'm a big fan. I've been lurking ever since I picked up my first E30 325is. Being my only car, I've needed it to get me to and fro on a daily basis. Thus, I have not had a good opportunity to really get my hands dirty.

I picked her up for $1,900:

Today, after basic maintenance, coilovers & rims:

As for all of the excitement... It's over my new beauty that I just picked up this weekend; an '86 4-door automatic 325e.

Ok, I know what you're thinking.. What's with the picture from inside another car? Well hold your horses there bud, I'm not the photographer. I'm faithful to BMW. This is actually the first picture that the seller sent me. Honestly, the whole transaction was shady from the get go. It was listed on Craigslist for $800 with a bad trans and stolen keys. And after he showed me what the interior looked like I knew it was too good to be true:

Ok ok, I know I know. Again, I'm not the photographer. But this was enough for me, it was only a 45 minute drive away so I said @#$% it. A few days later I met the seller and he seemed legit. I looked around the car and there was some rust on the front fender, a couple dings on the passenger side, and scratches on the driver's, all of which were not mentioned in the for sale ad. And because he had the keys "stolen" while he was apparently drunk, I think he just lost them , he couldn't start the car. I told him to take the title to a dealership and get the keys cut so I could hear the engine turn over and make him an offer.

After a week of terrible communication skills, unanswered texts, and ignored phone calls, I decided to meet him at his house and see what the deal was. I drove 45 minutes and showed up unannounced, unknowing if he was just going to slam the door in my face. When I started talking to him I realized he was just avoiding me because he had not yet gotten the keys. I said you know what, @#$% it, once again. I bought it off of him for $600 and told him to let me deal with getting the keys.

It's a very clean car with minimal flaws aesthetically. I felt comfortable at $600 for this reason. If the engine doesn't turn over? No problem. If you noticed, I said it was an automatic with a bad trans. I wanted a shell in the first place to keep costs down. This car actually checked every box on the list: Early model E30, 4-door, relatively clean, complete interior, and cheap. Over the next few months I'm going to drop in a drive line of my choosing. It will remain a secret for now, but as soon as the build starts I will be sure to keep all of you posted in the build thread section.

Oh, my names Matt btw.
    And I'm hyped.
    Last edited by Self Made; 01-25-2015, 10:19 PM. Reason: for accuracy
    Stay Wintery

I'll watch.
    -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
    '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
    '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Word. It should be pretty entertaining. It'll be my first engine swap.. I've got a lot of other things planned for the entire build to ensure reliability. Main reason is that my 325is has been towed four times and has had two different engines..
      Stay Wintery

Comment

Dis gon be good.
        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
        Originally posted by Ollie
        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

It's the first generation "keyless" igntion. Just hot wire it and start it!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Haha thanks for the suggestion, but I wouldnt have felt comfortable breaking in and trying to hot wire it before I bought it. And now it's mine so I might aswell wait for keys.
            Stay Wintery

Comment

Working...
            X