Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick's Stahlblau Metallic E36

Hello everyone!

My name's Patrick and I'm a 19 year old college kid from Central Florida.

I bought my first E36 ('95 325is in Schwarz II) in July of 2013 for $2200. JUNKY PIECE OF SHIT. It had no door panels, shitty interior, a bad oil leak, and a coolant problem. I was really desperate to have a E36 at the time.

I wasted money on trying to get this thing to run right and just my luck the head gasket blew. That's when I have had enough, I put it up to sell on Craiglist as-is. I started looking into NA Miata's, found a couple for really good prices. But at heart I really wanted another E36 and at the time it seemed like I couldn't find one for a decent price. I came across a post for a '99 328is in Stahlblau Metallic (Steel Blue Metallic) on AutoTrader for $1800. I bought the car the same day and sold my 325is a couple days later for $1500.

The only downfall is that the car is automatic. But no worries I have no problem 5-Speed swapping it! The first thing I needed was moar low. This thing looked like a monster truck. I'm a college kid on a budget for sure so I bought Rokkor coilovers. For $369, exactly what I expected.

The first day I dropped it.

Coils settled.

Dropped it a little bit lower and rolled my front fenders. SLAMMED ON STOCKIES.

How the car currently sits. I went just a tad lower, haha.

5-Speed swap coming very soon, here's my donor car that I bought for $500. ('97 328is) I'm also going to swap my Dove Grey interior for the Black interior that's in my donor car.

My future plans include being a rebel and boosting the M52, LTW wing, undecided about wheels, and a full respray. I'm torn between respraying my car back Steel Blue or changing it up and going with Arctic Grey, Hellrot, or Laguna Seca Blue.
    Last edited by PattyMills; 01-14-2015, 06:40 PM.

The black e36 has an Eibach sticker so it must be fast. Plus, its matte black: what's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by RocketSled View Post
      The black e36 has an Eibach sticker so it must be fast. Plus, its matte black: what's not to like?
      It's a donor car. The shell is super crappy and the car as a whole needs too much TLC so I'll just part out the rest.

Comment

Just to give you guys an idea of how low I am. (Keep in mind these are stock 16" wheels)

Comment

damn clean car , I love the color !
          Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
          My E28 Build

Comment

Originally posted by 12vsex View Post
            damn clean car , I love the color !
            Thanks man! This is just the beginning. One of my buddy's dad's have been painting cars for 20+ years and right now I'm torn in between respraying it back Steel Blue or painting it Hellrot. (My all time favorite E36 color)

Comment

Kool!
              -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
              '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
              '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Really nice car!!I vote for Laguna Seca blue ��

Comment

Originally posted by sotiris cb3 View Post
                  Really nice car!!I vote for Laguna Seca blue ��
                  I've narrowed it down to two choices now either a respray back in Steel Blue or Hellrot.

Comment

+1 for hellrot. makes it a much better car
                    and adds 20-35 hp

2 questions
                    No more Artic grey choice?
                    The rears don't rub?
                    Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Originally posted by PattyMills View Post
                      It's a donor car. The shell is super crappy and the car as a whole needs too much TLC so I'll just part out the rest.
                      I was kidding lol. Anyway, I kind of like the look on just stock wheels

Comment

Working...
                      X