Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your grandmothers 88' Dodge Omni Stance Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your grandmothers 88' Dodge Omni Stance Build.

ayy, just to give some back info, My name's Preston and I'm 17 years young,
    My first car was a 93 Mazda Mx6 LS that I bought for 600. I couldn't drive back then so it stayed in my yard for 2 months, Then I sold it for 1400.. 800 Dollar profit off nothing..
    Then I bought a 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD for 1200, Here's the huge build; http://imgur.com/a/S99CN

Then I found a 1983 Porsche 944 with 83k miles, The guy was a DSMer so I offered him a trade. but I kept my: Turbo, FMIC, Exhaust n some little things.

\\ sold the Porsche now,

Now after I sold all the parts I made about 1k.. After buying parts n all, heard from a neighbor that one of our neighbors wants to sell her car, he said he wants 300 for it.. So I finally thought about buying it and then knocked on her door asking if she'd want to sell it.. She's 88 years old and has a bad knee and the brake booster is BAD on the Omni, so she stopped driving it, then her knee got worse, her drivers license expired and her doctor told her she cant drive anymore.. Here's the info in it, 1988 Dodge Omni, 47k ORIGINAL MILES, One owner, garage kept its whole life!
    I offered her 400 for it and she was happy!

You can see most of my builds here:
    http://snipers.imgur.com/

I've been driving the car for a month now, before I drove it I had to do some work to it.. I changed the brake booster with a used one (wasn't the best idea) needs to be replaced AGAIN. I also threw on a new Master Cyl and front brake hoses. I want to put new brakes all around and replace the booster, I also need to change the damn tstat, and the belts are loud.. Still thinking on wheels to throw on it. I think I might go with 1gen neon front struts n coilover sleeves.

Here's a teaser of the wheels I got:
    Last edited by Pyramid; 02-09-2015, 07:22 PM.
    1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
    1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (traded)
    1983 Porsche 944
    1988 Dodge Omni

Wheels i'm thinking of:
    1st choice:

2nd choice:
    1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
    1983 Porsche 944
    1988 Dodge Omni

Comment

Always loved omnis ever since i first seen a picture of one. Choice 1 for wheels is for sure better imo. This should be good!!!
      [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
      [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
      Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Robitussin View Post
        Always loved omnis ever since i first seen a picture of one. Choice 1 for wheels is for sure better imo. This should be good!!!
        I was thinking of those or these:

These are more around my budget.
        1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
        1983 Porsche 944
        1988 Dodge Omni

Comment

Just slam it and put some nice wheels on that thing.

Comment

K-car front spindles from a junkyard, 1st generation Neon struts, and an ebay coilover kit for the front will get it as low as you could ever possibly want. That also gets you a 5-lug setup.

On the rear, any type of K/P body brake setup will also get you 5-lugs. The rear suspension is super-simple, any coilover setup will put that thing in the weeds.

Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetmugg View Post
              K-car front spindles from a junkyard, 1st generation Neon struts, and an ebay coilover kit for the front will get it as low as you could ever possibly want. That also gets you a 5-lug setup.

On the rear, any type of K/P body brake setup will also get you 5-lugs. The rear suspension is super-simple, any coilover setup will put that thing in the weeds.

Steve.
              Hey man, I sent you a pm..
              1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
              1983 Porsche 944
              1988 Dodge Omni

Comment

Lowered the front end with 1ST Gen Neon

On Thursday Night I had my springs pop out and fucked some things up..

I guess this was the stance god making my build faster..

So got the front struts today in the mail.
                Note: These are 95-99 Neon front struts that can be found HERE

They're OEM replacements. It was $128 plus tax.
                I should have gotten them the next day I ordered them (Seller lives in another city in KS)
                Once I got them we where going to use the top hats from the omni, but me measured the top hat and just that 3rd bolt was in the way, So to the grinder we went.

We did this to both top hats and both fit perfectly.

Now we put the bottom of the strut together but we noticed a very very small mount of space. We BARELY where able to fit a washer in there. We put it on the top bolt and it cleared up the slack.

We got it all done then went to the other side.
                But with my luck;

But sheet no worries my nigga

Went to O'Rileys and got a replacement stud n lug nut.
                before we went there we called around and tried to find a 13" tire (165-80-13)
                Which was like looking for gold.. I remember I texted a guy about a tire when my shit popped. It was a trailer tire but it's a 165 82 13.. but it'll work..

Got the tire mounted and balanced for free from a good friend of my dads.
                We also talked about getting me an alignment once I get it all lowered n all.

Got home and installed the stud,

Got the strut all mounted up and aligned the best we could lol.

How it fits. Havent broke them in yet btw

I went to the car wash and washed her up. I also bought her some new air fresheners and then went to family dollar and bought her some pimp dice lmao.

Now I also had some subwoofer probs so I'm going to do some speaker work.
                Anyone ever put speakers in a cargo cover? if so did it sound like shit?

I'm also planning on putting an A2 VW bumper on it.

Bye bye oem omni shitruts
                Last edited by Pyramid; 01-19-2015, 09:57 PM.
                1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
                1983 Porsche 944
                1988 Dodge Omni

Comment

I love the start, but please make this car awesome! I **** TMB knock offs. IMO.. i think some crappy spec equips rebuilt would make this TITTAS!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

DO NOT put speakers in the cargo cover. Please don't. It hurts just to think about it. Most speakers are not meant for free air or infinite baffle mounting (infinite baffle means separating the front sound wave from the back sound wave), and will sound like garbage. Most speakers are meant to have air to push against, and to help the speaker suspension rebound, like you would find in a box. It is very difficult to make a cargo cover stiff enough and seal well enough against the tailgate to do this. It will rattle like crazy.

OTOH, I really like the car! It's a great blank canvas, and will just wheels and low, it'll be perfect. Maybe a wood wheel to spice up the interior?

Comment

Does it sit lower with the 1st gen Neon struts and springs?

Steve.

Comment

Yes using the stock 1st gen neon struts and springs lowered it maybe 1.5"-2"
                        I plan adding more speakers in the car. It sucks only having 4.25" speakers in the front. but the whole cargo cover thing was an idea lol. Going to look for spots to install tweeters that wont fuck up the look of the interior, although it kinda torn apart right now lol.
                        Today I'm going to start going threw things and ideas.
                        For my rear I've read that mitsubishi mirage shocks might fit. I'm going to read more on making those fit.
                        1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
                        1983 Porsche 944
                        1988 Dodge Omni

Comment

L body Dodge charger rear struts with mk1 Rabbit ground control adjustable coil overs will net you as much drop as you can handle. I had to turn mine up since they literally will sit the car on it's bump stops if you want em too.

Since if you buy the mk1 coil overs you'll get he front sleeves too, you can adapt em to your neon struts with a little bit of flange grinding. That's the route i took anyway. You can see the build of it in my thread.. pretty sure i posted pics of the process.

Good luck. Keep it up!
                          IG: @PiscitelliDesign

Comment

Likin' the Omni! Those rims will look sick. I've got a Dodge too!

Comment

Have you considered using period correct japanese wheels on this thing? I agree with 244, some equips would do this thing some real justice!
                              [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
                              [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
                              Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X