BMW e23 from France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW e23 from France

I found this forum when I looked at BMW e23 pictures, and I really enjoy it.

So I deceided to put here the story of my 728ia from 1983:

I baught it in 1995 in a junkyard to have spares parts for the street rod I stated to build. The BMW have only the automatic gear box broken and started at the first test. So I changed the gearbox and start to drive the car:

The first thing I did was to lower it and change the color : it's now 7cm (3 inch around) lower and Green Mintgum from Posche:

but, with this look, it needed the right wheel, it's only 17", but in 1997 it was big:

I bought another one for my street rod:

After playing a lot with this car, I broke again the gear box and it was put away in a barn in 2008:

This Autumn, I started to work on it to put it again on the road.

The Gear box is now change, I have a lot of cleanning and some repair to do.

New pictures will come soon.

so much dust, so much potential - color "Chlorophylle"

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

very cool! I'm interested to see more stuff happening to this car, and if I may ask what does your 'street rod' look like

Comment

thank!

today I change the cluster service interval board, inside the instrument board, left the 2015 one, righ the one from 1983:

My street rod look like this:

It have BMW 735i engine, Jag front and rear axes. I work on this project since 20 years. Like everybody, since the start of the project I was maried, I baught a house, had childrens... so the car was not my first preoccupation.

Comment

the car back home yesterday:

Comment

today on a track not far from my home:

Comment

today I change the radiator, the old one leaked and had one the connection broken:

it was very difficult to find a new one, it was not in stock nowhere. Eventually, I found it in a radiator dealer at 500km from my home. Now it's in place:

And it's an orignal one "made in germany":

Comment

I did some progess on my car, the side skirts were re-paint:

[IMG][/IMG]

I had a little issue with my engine, I put an oil catch tank, but the hose to connect it was to small and the engine got in pressure. that damage some gaskets, and specially the cylinder head one. So I opened the engine:

[IMG][/IMG]

I will take the time to clean and repair the cylinder head, I think I have to change the valves guide. The cylinder head was ported and polished some years ago, but all is dirty due to oil:

[IMG][/IMG]

I started to clean it:

[IMG][/IMG]

In the same, I polished the front cylinder head cover:

[IMG][/IMG]

The oil catch tank is modified with a big hose connector:

[IMG][/IMG]

The engine bay was not paint in the same color as the outside of the car, so it's time to do it. First step, cleaning:

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

this is so cool

"Everything has potential."

Comment

Salut !! Que le monde est petit !! Je crois qu'on est du même coin !! Je reconnais la S13 de Julien !!
                    Intragram : https://instagram.com/arnaud.c/

Comment

salut, la photo a été prise à Folembray, c'est à 40 bornes de chez moi. Je ne connais pas le proprio de cette S13, mais je trouvais que la photo avait sa place sur ce forum. tu es d'ou?

Hello, this picture was taken at Folembray track, at 40 km from my home. I don't know the S13 owner, but I put this picture on the forum because I think it have his place here. Where are you from?

Comment

now in primer:

[IMG][/IMG]

And eventually in green:

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Je suis de Guise
                          Intragram : https://instagram.com/arnaud.c/

Comment

et bien peut-être à bientôt sur le circuit de Folembray.

Comment

Must feel great to own a car since 1995! Will you keep it forever?

Comment

Working...
                              X