Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the story of my AE92 Corolla 180i GSX!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the story of my AE92 Corolla 180i GSX!

Hello Guys,

I am finally able to start a Build thread of my car, been wanting to do this for the past year . I live in Cape Town, South Africa where Stance has been finally came out in full force!

I have a AE92 Toyota Corolla 180i GSX. I previously owned a Corolla 180i GLE but sold it to a friend whos looking well after it. Before even buying the Corolla 180i GSX, I bought coilovers and the stock rim that came out with the car from the showroom due to the rim that came with the car being a 17 inch OZ rim.

Here are a few pictures of the car I've idolized since 1997 .

Last edited by P78; 01-08-2015, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Put [/img] after each link, pics didn't show up
      [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
      [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
      Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Corolla180i View Post

As above. Add [/img] and it shows them.

Comment

I'm back home in South Africa for the first time in like 7 years and I have to say, I've seen more stanced cars here than I do back in the States! Never would have guessed. Looks lekker man!

Comment

Manne, NOU gaan ons braai! hahaha looking good Corolla180i looking forward to the end result.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know, I was wondering why the pictures werent showing. Appreciate the help

Comment

Yes Craig, its exploded over the last 2 years but im sure you know how the police are here in South Africa. Apparently if you have HIDs as headlight they pull your cars license disk.

Thank you Loom, have alot to do still and I just want to get it done ASAP lol.

I'm new to this Forum/Thread thing so bare will me lol, slowly learning.

It always amazes me how this stack of money was the gateway to owning my dream car.

Hope this pictures shows

Comment

So basically I bought original Toyota rims off a Toyota Corolla RSI, which in South Africa are called twinspokes. I always thought twinspoke look sexy on bubbles (In South Africa, these AE92 Corollas are nicknamed Bubbles).

And then I bought Coilovers

My mind then changed to go OEM+. I sold the twinspoke rims and got me the original rims that suppose to come out with the car, which is a 14 inch rim.

I always though that the lowest profile tyre that was made for a 14 inch rim was 185/60r14, but I was mistaken. I was at one of the tyres shops thats close by to where I live, I noticed that the companies car had a 14 inch rim but tyre size look odd and I saw it was a 185/50r14!!!! I then got excited and asked the manager if they had stock of those tyres but he told me No but he has something better. He then brought out 2 tyres....195/45r14! I was shocked and I purchase 2 tyres Immediately. He only had 3 tyres and I didnt want the rear rims to have different tyre sizes.

Later that evening, a few friends and myself set out to install the coilovers on my car. We actually lost a few bolts and washers, thanks to us forcing to do it that evening...

Heres a difference between having a 17 inch rim and a 14 inch rim lol

We managed to make something happen without needing the 'needed' washer. We finished installing the coilovers and rims at 1AM...all I heard was mudflaps on my way home that early morning and I loved it!!

Comment

So this is the picture I took the next day, im loving the low but because of the tyre profile it still seems high.

Next was a decent wash and a quick waxing...The car next to mine is my freinds AE92 bagged conquest. Ill upload some pictures of that car soon....

That weekend I repped the car club im apart of, Republic of the 92ers!

The white car at the back with the red volks is one of my oldest friend, met him in grade 5...we were the 'ToyBoyZ' through Primary and High school.

Comment

I wish you would have just lowered it on the OZ's. Would have looked so much better in my opinion.
                      Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                        I wish you would have just lowered it on the OZ's. Would have looked so much better in my opinion.
                        I have a few pictures of my friends that tried the 17s on their hatch AE92s. The rims are way too big to stance

Comment

So my friend and I decided to swop rims for a while...His AE92 hatch is bagged, so the front tyres are quiet small. Even with my car dropped to the last thread of the coilover, there was still a gap between the fender and tyre but I really Love this rim.

But 1st we got a visit from a rival club lol joking but this another bagged AE92. This camber is Insane!!!

Later that day, I attempted the camber lifestyle lol, didnt work out dew to the offset. The inner lip of the rim scraps against the coilover.

This is my friends bagged AE92 with my stock 180i rims. We thought it would be lower, sadly

This is my car with my friends 8.25J rim. He has 195/45r15 tyres at the back and 165/45r15 tyres in the front. The coilovers had about a quarter thread left on this picture and we cambered the back but I was unable to move as mention earlier, the rims were scrapping the shock.

Lifted the car abit and this is how it came out...

I wish I could go lower but the roads out in Cape Town are poor!!!

I'm sorry for the poor quality pictures. Havent had time to take my camera and do a quick shoot. Ill do a mini shoot in the next week or 2 and upload them.

Comment

I do miss my home cool car mate
                            Mazda 3 and Ford Bantam (XR3i Ute) // 2011 Mazda 3 SP25 Sport

Comment

Nice. I kinda liked the 14's, for some odd reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X