Project BlueTec 75 300D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project BlueTec 75 300D

So my new build begins. I figured with this one I'll give it a try on here. The car is a 1975 Mercedes-Benz W115 300D
    A little background, I first started my search for an old Benz a few months ago after I sold my E21. I was itching for a new project. After owning a few BMWs and VWs I knew it had to be something German, however it had to be something older and with character. I found myself searching and searching and than I stumbled upon a black and white picture of this beauty. It had to be really low and a swap would top it off so I started doing my research.

[IMG][/IMG]

First thing I did was get an old steering wheel off a parts car I bought with a friend
    [IMG][/IMG]

Some quick photos my friend took

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Authentic Standards; 02-03-2015, 06:04 PM.

Most of the air stuff I went with Slam Specialties SS5 bags For the front and SS6 bags for the rear also got Monroe shocks that I will make custom relocation brackets for. As far as management I went with a basic front and rear analog setup.

[IMG][/IMG]

Also started to make the mounting plates for the bags
    [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Always love seeing a /8 getting some love, especially a diesel, and yours looks very clean!

It looks like you're short four valves on your air ride setup. You'll want one fill and dump valve per corner. Also, I don't see a tank drain or a safety valve pictured, so if you haven't got those, make sure to get your hands on them.

What are you running for compressors?

Comment

Looks great want to see this done!
        WTB
        Manaray MS6 Center Caps

'95 Z32 3.0TT LHD T-Top .:. Cruiser
        '16 F450 6.7T Lariat Ult. .:. Tow-Rig
        IG: @AllGoNShow / @TurboJInc

Comment

That's only half the fittings and stuff this is another just some mock up still waiting on the compressor im going to run a single Viair 444c and down the road plan to run a second
          [IMG][/IMG]
          Last edited by Authentic Standards; 01-01-2015, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Update doing the trunk setup going to wrap the board in dimond stitching

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Hey! Wtf?

I hope this is been updated as I type this, cos that ain't no way to Leave a brother hanging..

Comment

Just picked these up probably going to redo them and maybe even polish the lips they original 1977 BBS 15x7et23 taken off a 450SEL benz. not as wide or offset I wanted but atleast I'll get an idea on fitment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Did some more work took the Amber out of the headlights some pics
                  [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

solid start so far, keep it coming!
                    My '66 C10 Build
                    My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

So to the power plant some would shun me and say I'm ruining the car and i would somewhat agree. my first thoughts with this car was too keep it classy, low and clean but thats no fun. I had Aquired a 13B Rotary engine out of a 91 mazda rx7 turbo ii a few months ago well before I had the Benz. I always wanted a rotary and just was looking for a car to put it in. The progress now is fully tear down paint and just clean it up its not stock it's ported and bigger turbo but planning going bigger and on E85.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                      Last edited by Authentic Standards; 02-03-2015, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Rotary Benz? Holy mother of engine swaps. Excited to see this one!!!
                        [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
                        [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
                        Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Are the 13B's out of an RX-8? Sorry i'm not very familiar with those lines of cars i'm just curious. How well do these motors handle big boost? What a cool swap man!
                          Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                            Are the 13B's out of an RX-8? Sorry i'm not very familiar with those lines of cars i'm just curious. How well do these motors handle big boost? What a cool swap man!
                            13B is, to my knowledge, different from the Rennesis, which is in the RX8.
                            The 13B is the beast that was in the RX7 and such. They can handle boost pretty well. Make crazy power for the displacement.

I would love to see this swap coming together! I stil dream of an old W115/W114 with a OM606 as a daily
                            Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

The motor is out of a 91 rx7 so FC and the rx8 is a 13b but different than older engines mine is a single turbo with A port job and a few other things I plan to go carburated I love simple functional setups so that's what I plan

Comment

Working...
                              X