Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style 5 Painting Question

Hi all

I am getting ready to refinish my centers as my barrels are complete. I want to change the color and Powdercoat them and want the stock plastic caps to match. I know I can't powedercoating the caps, so my question is what is a tried alternative for the centers and caps to match perfectly? I want to clear as well to have a nice finish to them. I'm trying to avoid rattle canning myself if at all possible.

Thanks in advance

-G

Some plastics can indeed be powdercoated, though most shops won't do it.

The tried-and-true method is to apply the same finish to both parts. Anything else will not be a perfect match.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
      Some plastics can indeed be powdercoated, though most shops won't do it.

The tried-and-true method is to apply the same finish to both parts. Anything else will not be a perfect match.
      So if I Powdercoat the centers, and rattle can the plastic caps the same color, and apply clear coat to both they will match?

Comment

No. If you're going to powdercoat one, powdercoat the other, and the same for paint. Anything else will, by definition, be an imperfect match. A painter with a sharp eye may be able to come close to matching powdercoat, but whether that match would be acceptable would depend on your expectations. Me? I'd paint both and be done with it.

Comment

Makes sense. Thanks for the clarity and your input!

Comment

Working...
          X