Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '86 Golf Mk2 from Germany

Hi there!
    My name is Peter, 20 y/o and coming from Germany, near the Belgium border.

As a kid i got interested in car things, when my dad worked on his Rocco from '78.
    This years summer i finally had the money to buy myself a Golf 2 GT from '86.

So this is how the car looked like when i bought it:

Overall the car was in a pretty good condition. The owner told me, that the car was already a restauration project, 5 years ago, for a master's certificate. Sounded good so far..

I finished with school in may and worked on a summerjob to earn money for the project.
    While the Golf waited in my backyard for the strip down, my dad and me decided to build a garage for this project. The garage was finally ready in november and the car rolled in...

I already started to strip it down, pictures will follow tomorrow..

Last edited by fnwguy; 12-17-2014, 10:24 AM.

Nice garage you got there! This thing already looks killer so I can't wait what's to come

Comment

My plans on this build are to rebuild the Golf in a classy/oem look. But a little stance never killed anyone, right ?
      Wide wheels on low coils will be the finish for a while.later maybe on bags. - But that's just a question of money and has no priority.
      Some mods on the engine were already done and the car runs pretty good for a (actually) 90hp golf.

So enough of words, let the pictures speak..

The engine bay just looks awful to me. The engine is gonna be removed and cleaned up soon. Probably getting painted too.

After removing some parts like bumpers, flares and stuff and taking a closer look underneath the car, things weren't that great as expected. Rust seemed to be destroying my plans of not going to paint it new.

aaaaaand... deep scratches aaaaall around the car

i just felt like

As i said, the car was painted new, only 5 years ago...

Anyways.I'm still in progress of stripping it down with my dad.
      So its not time yet to make any decisions..

BTW, maybe some of you guys recognized the parts on my second picture(showing the garage).. At the time we were building the garage and i couldn't start on the car, i already spended €€€€€€€€€€€€€ on parts.. and there are many
      Pictures will follow..

till then
      Last edited by fnwguy; 12-17-2014, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by inrock View Post
        Nice garage you got there! This thing already looks killer so I can't wait what's to come

thanks!

Comment

Will be watching this.

Grüße aus dem Rehin-Erft-Kreis.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
            Will be watching this.

Grüße aus dem Rehin-Erft-Kreis.
            Bergheim aloha

Comment

What's up guys,
              got some updates on this one ..

Yesterday i removed almost all parts,hoses and stuff from the engine. Next week i'll probably get a crane to finally remove the engine.

Some weeks ago i found some cheap RM's on ebay and couldn't resist.Bought some 3" lips for the rear wheels the other day...
              Removed the old 0,5" lips all around today...

...and glasblasted one wheel. Pretty happy with the finish.

When all wheels are done, they'll get powder-coated in subaru gold. New bolts and 2" lips on the front and the wheels should be done.

--SPOILER ALERT--

Testfitted one wheel on the rear..

i think this is gonna end pretty tight

Next week things will get serious when i'll get higher blocks and it comes to the varnish removal (underneath) ..

till then

Comment

Really like the color! And that test fit .... DAMN. Excited for this
                My Build:

Comment

Very nice. Excited to see a VW in Germany that gets wide lips for once instead of that zero-lip nonsense.

Did you do the glass blasting yourself?

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by philohlean View Post
                    Really like the color! And that test fit .... DAMN. Excited for this
                    Thanks, going to run a similiar colorr again. I have no codes or informations of the actual color, so iam going with a winsdor blue metallic, which looks pretty much the same.

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                    Very nice. Excited to see a VW in Germany that gets wide lips for once instead of that zero-lip nonsense.

Did you do the glass blasting yourself?
                    Haha thanks
                    Yesss, luckily i was able to use a new blasting machine at my step dad's company.

Comment

Some kind of productive monday ...

Finally managed to start with body work today

My work flow was terminated when i realized my tools could need new parts

Next try to be productive: tomorrow

Comment

Well guys,
                        things are going pretty slow at the moment but still doing progress.
                        Here are some small updates..

...and the other side...

Varnish removal is pretty much done. Now i need time to earn money for the replacement plates and the welding work..

New parts arrived in the meanwhile:
                        8" lips for my BBS' has arrived and my wheels are slowly coming togehter.
                        Full chrome trim with early doors

Yesterday i had a phone call about a guy selling his arride. I drove straight to this guy and bought it instantly, very pleased with it.
                        so stoked to install it..
                        Will upload pics, when i finally get it next week.

Comment

Nice! I had 9" RMs as well with 195/45 and ended up with this: http://i.imgur.com/oZdi1UU.png

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

Little Update!

My newest purchase

Going to testfit it the coming week. Didn't had the time yet.

As is said my actual plans were to go with coils at first, to have more money to spend on the bodywork... but when i got this offer i just couldn:t resist.
                            Anyways, i'm happy as shit with it and really excited for the next steps..

Btw..
                            this is my daily bucket and first car

Comment

You are off to a promising start. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.

Comment

Working...
                              X