1989 VW Fox, my first Euro car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 VW Fox, my first Euro car.

I always thought her name was Mrs. Fox and I knew she drove an obscure 80's model VW. I later learned that my dad just called her that because that was the name of the car, her real name was Mrs. Greer. Every few months she would pull into my fathers shop, park on the other side of the building, and walk into the office. If I saw her I would go ahead and walk into the office because I knew she wanted her fluids and tire pressure checked. I got to know her over the years as we worked on that car and for some reason, I always told her to call me when she was ready to sell it. Like most people in the auto repair industry, I have said that more than once and usually never expect to hear from them again. One afternoon a service writer told me she had called and was moving in with her daughter in another state so she was ready to sell the Fox. After she found the title and I gave her an agreed amount of money I was the proud owner of a 1989 faded blue Volkswagen Fox with a 4 speed and 13 inch steel wheels (missing one center cap).

I am still not sure why I wanted this car at the beginning, I didn't really have an interest in 4 cylinder coupes, must less that of the German variety but I decided I would drive this one for a little while and maybe sell it when someone offered me the right price. I have never been one to drive normal cars so I had to make this stick out from the crowd a little, I quickly cleaned it up best I could to prepare to modify this thing. The interior had a lot of sand and grime from never receiving a proper cleaning in its life but after a few hours it was pretty good looking. The outside ended up being a different story.

Nice !
    what are you going to do with it ?
    any mods , changes you are planning ?

Comment

Originally posted by fnwguy View Post
      Nice !
      what are you going to do with it ?
      any mods , changes you are planning ?
      I am going to update the thread some more today on what I have already done and with future plans. The basics are to lower it, wheels, and paint. With lots of little things done along the way.

Comment

I decided to plastidip the car and wheels to brighten it up temporarily.

It held up fine like other cars and etc that I've plastidipped but it needed a little body work so I decided to tear it down.

Last edited by SouthCarolinaGuy; 12-16-2014, 11:06 AM.

Comment

While I was dipping it

Comment

Lol damn them pancakes were good. Cant wait to see where this goes!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoLOwX3 View Post
              Lol damn them pancakes were good. Cant wait to see where this goes!!
              Thank you! I am also interested to see where it goes considering nobody makes much for the Fox.

Comment

Cool and odd car, but not Euro. The Fox is Brazilian.

Comment

Originally posted by D.E View Post
                  Cool and odd car, but not Euro. The Fox is Brazilian.
                  This is why I came here, I learn something new every day. Also some of this was built in the USA.

Comment

the colour was awesome..
                    i'm excited

Comment

Originally posted by fnwguy View Post
                      the colour was awesome..
                      i'm excited
                      I may end up going back with that, just with real paint, but I also want my door jams to match so its kinda between mint teal and blue.

Comment

Between weather and work I haven't been able to work on the car the last few days, but I've been able to do a lot of "mental work" and order various odds and ends. I've decided to go back with a blue similar to the factory color so I want gold wheels. While staying in my budget I found these things that have grown on me. Opinions?

Comment

Awesome.
                          Nice classy look and the gold will look badass on the blue..

Comment

Dig it! Rock them!
                            But dont go too big, this car demands small to medium WIDE wheels.
                            Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
                            Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagah View Post
                              Dig it! Rock them!
                              But dont go too big, this car demands small to medium WIDE wheels.
                              I'm thinking 15x7 or 15x8, this thing has tiny wheel wells.

Comment

Working...
                              X