Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Decisions, Slow Cars

Hi! I have a problem and it's cars.

My first car was a bagged Mk5 Jetta which looked like this after a few years

Like every other Mk5.......k

Then I had an idea.

Boom! -16* out back and....um.....-2.5 up front

Then some kid who couldn't hold in his LOLs and OMGs drove into me in traffic and totaled it.

So I did what any sensible person would do and bought an identical Mk5. This time with more front camber!

The H2Oi cops didn't like me. This one told me to "Get on [my] f*cking hands and knees and fix this piece of sh*t"

So now I'm thinking "well this will be undrivable in the winter. I need a winter car!"

Que more bad decisions

Rust. Free. (Envy me)

Bed linered the bottom to keep it that way

It's straight piped, has solid motor mounts and stock interior with a bunch of stuff painted orange. Came with K Sports and a VIS carbon fiber hod. In 2006 it was painted orange and made into a General Lee replica.
    IG: @OsakaFlocka

boss cop, haha.

Comment

the cop was right at least

3/96 Build Date, Montreal Blue, 304,310 miles and counting...

Comment

How the hell do you pull that much rear camber off?!?

Comment

Originally posted by e39hamann View Post
          Can't contain my LOL's

Comment

Originally posted by drift55 View Post
            The H2Oi cops didn't like me. This one told me to "Get on [my] f*cking hands and knees and fix this piece of sh*t"

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit 2.5L "Snowbunny"
            1987 Volvo 244DL M47 "Turd Ferguson"
            1974 Volkswagen SuperBeetle 1303 "Diego"

Comment

Love the mk5. Seems like a fairly clean s14 besides the dukes of hazzard theme lol
              Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
              check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

Originally posted by d0wse View Post
                How the hell do you pull that much rear camber off?!?
                Modified aftermarket control arms

Originally posted by GTOguy View Post
                Love the mk5. Seems like a fairly clean s14 besides the dukes of hazzard theme lol
                The funny thing is, in 2006 some guy made it a show car and literally made it a Dukes of Harzzard replica. The paint code is a Challenger paint code, it had the 01 on the sides and a confederate flag on the roof. It also had a competition audio setup, now it has nothing lol

Comment

I've seen this car pop up from time to time on Masstuning. One of my favorite VW's for sure.

Comment

cars coool

Comment

Originally posted by Dremetos View Post
                      I've seen this car pop up from time to time on Masstuning. One of my favorite VW's for sure.
                      Thank you so much!

Comment

So hey here's an update! I stored the Jetta all winter and switched up the fitment. I'm running about -10* of camber in the rear now, -6* up front. And I bought my first ever set of 18s for this car and I kinda like it

Swapped the Works onto the 240 while I was still working on the Jetta and they ended up fitting really well. Perfect in the rear but a little sunk up front (20mm wider front fenders with stock rears). So they live there now.

I love this car. It's so much fun. And I haven't even swapped out the open diff yet.

Comment

before you do, sell it to me lol

Love the mk5 and wanna know what plans for the 240?
                          Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

WAIT WAIT WAIT......................... You're fucking 240 guy on the highway! WTFFFFFFFFF

Comment

Originally posted by Motoman325 View Post
                              before you do, sell it to me lol

Love the mk5 and wanna know what plans for the 240?
                              A) Sell what?
                              B) Thank you!!
                              C) I want it to be a relatively comfortable street car that drifts if that makes sense. I like driving my cars too much to make something so uncomfortable that I don't want to drive it on the street (I mean, I have solid motor mounts and a straight pipe but we'll ignore that lol). I'm going to stay stock power for now so I can learn proper car control without using power as a crutch. Meanwhile I plan on doing suspension upgrades to aid with handling while also repainting it and putting on a kit that I haven't decided on. Nothing too wild. I was thinking something along the lines of the Origin Stylish kit. And I want to bump up to 18s when I do get a kit (I'm on 17s now). Long term I'd like to maybe swap motors to something else but I'm in no rush since the KA is a beefy enough motor. I'd prefer to stay NA but if I did turbo it I wouldn't want anything big or a lot of boost. Ideally I only want to make 250hp. I prefer lower power because it's more fun. You have to plan out corners and get a lot more crafty than with some 700hp point and shoot beast.

Originally posted by Dremetos View Post
                              WAIT WAIT WAIT......................... You're fucking 240 guy on the highway! WTFFFFFFFFF
                              I might be

Comment

Working...
                              X