Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project 'Murica...well kind of (e30 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project 'Murica...well kind of (e30 content)

So you may be wondering about the title.... we will get there, but first a back story.

I bought this e30 a while back as a fun little project, I intended to turbo the stock engine and drive the piss out of the car. I got side tracked by my other project then (a built bugeye wrx) and never got around to the e30. I worked on it a little here and there but it never got attention. I finally finished the Subaru 2 months ago and started thinking about what to do with the e30, turbo was my first idea, but I decided against that, I just dont like the m20. Then an m30 popped up in my head and I thought, hey look another straight 6 maybe that will be better. Then after researching I decided I didn't want to do that either. Then I thought about a m60, that thought quickly went away. So here we are now...what to do?!

I bought a Foxbody 4.9..... PROJECT 'MURICA! (btw for those who go "the foxbody engine is 5.0", its not! Actual CC is 4942, making it a 4.9 liter)

Yes I know, what the actually F**K right? Well its cheap, makes a little power, and mods are readily available. There's a mounting kit for the e30/4.9 already so I will be using that. There is a plug n play Megasquirt for it, which I will be using. I eventually plan on boosting it.

So to the e30..

The day I bought it.

Then bought these sweet Rial wheels for it:

Then I bought a parts car, which I actually never ended up using parts from

Rial wheels are on!

The people I hang out with:

Cell phone photoshoot:

Having parents that own a wrap company really pays off! It was Project 'Murica before it was Project 'Murica

Then I got these for it"

Quickly wrapped the faces of them white:

The almost 3 days later I plasti-dipped them black

Then I picked up this beauty as my daily driver:

And how she sits today:

So within the next couple of days I will be pulling the engine and tranny to get ready for the v8. (m20b27 and 5 speed swap will be for sale for those interested, also the Fifteen52 Tarmacs are for sale).
    After I pull the engine its go time! This will not be a fast build by any means of the word fast! I am a college student and I work so if I'm not studying or working I will be working on the car. Thanks for reading! And if you have nothing nice to say, say it anyways! Its entertaining to read! CHEERS!
    Last edited by dburgoon; 11-30-2014, 05:06 PM.

should be SAWEET. pics of said subaru pls?
    then i smash yo corolla

Comment

Originally posted by ChanceTheNapper View Post
      should be SAWEET. pics of said subaru pls?
      First Subaru:

Then I bought this:

Second Subaru: this one was stock:

Third Subaru: This one was built, enough to rip 3rd gear straight out of an RA trans: This is actually the only picture I can find right now, this was taken in my dads garage when Subaru 2 and 3 met:

EDIT: Another photo from the same night I just found.

Comment

So no dice on the engine yesterday, we couldnt figure out a time to meet up. I won't be getting the engine until Sunday now, but come Sunday its go time! Until then, someone buy my tarmacs!

Comment

GOT THE ENGINE TODAY!! Freshly rebuild 5.0 from an 88 for $500! I am going to try and document the prices of everything so people get an idea of how much it could cost. And for those who are scared of this project, I am doing this in my backyard with nothing more then will power and 200 piece mechanics tool set and a few other tools.

Heres the heart!

Got the car in my backyard ready to start work:

Lifted it up and started pulling the front end apart:

And after an hours worth of work this is how she looks.

I have to go to work now so that is all I could get done today, tomorrow I will continue on pulling the m20 out

Comment

Working...
          X