Hello from the middle of nowhere..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the middle of nowhere..

Whats up, been a member/lurker for a while now but never posted a proper intro so..... My name is Cedric and as the title hints im from a small town in the middle of North Carolina that most people that i talk to here (Im a college student in Greenville, NC) have never heard of called Statesville. I have a few cars right now that im tinkering with two of which have become projects over the years/last few months. My first project is my baby my 93 240sx hatch. Bought her my senior year in high school and i love her to death and although she needs work and a lot of it but i want to stick with it; plus sliding sideways looks like a lot of fun. My second is/was my daily which is a 97 Volvo 850r wagon and man this thing has grown on me. Daily'd her for a few months before the head gasket let go due to the PCV system which i was told was replaced but big surprise that was a lie. Lesson learned and the world continues to spin. Im now stuck driving my 96 Jeep Cherokee 4x4, which i adore, and though shes gotten me out of more jams than i can count but i miss being at least semi low. For now my 850 has taken priority over my s13 since it was my daily and i need to get her back on the road plus the thought of having a sick daily wagon that hovers cm's above the pavement is more than appealing. Progress will be practically non existent due to broke college student but if any progress is made ill try to post a joint build thread on the two. P.S ill eventually learn how to attach pics but until then find it in your heart to forgive me

[IMG] put image URL here [/IMG]
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Thanks i'll give it a shot

Comment

So i figured out how to post pics but they were taken a while back and with a potato so they suck a little bit but here is my 240sx towards when i first got it. Found out it had a lot more body damage then i would have liked and thats just one side the other was worse but no pics of that sadly.
        [/URL]
        And after i got tired of looking at the damage and those god awful blue rims. It looked better but my quarters are trashed so needless to say overfenders are on the to do list.
        [/URL]
        And heres my 850r. Hope to get it back on the road before too long, miss driving it.
        [/URL]
        Pics are a little big i think but i'll get the hang of it sooner or later lol

Comment

I love to see a proper 850R. Any plans for it?

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Besides the head gasket or possible rebuild, I plan to get a set o KWs to rid myself of the nivomats and get it lower nothing too drastic plus the suspension is starting to show signs of wear. Was told the front shocks were replaced about a year ago but then again he said the same about the PCV system. Wheels a little later down the road hopefully.

Comment

So not much of an update but i got the 850 back on the road running like a top and loving every second of it, no pics because it looks the same just running and cleaner. No updates with the 240sx since im a 230 plus miles away from it and slightly broke ( $1700 repair bill for the 850). Next on the list for the 850 is getting it low and wheels but I have found that the 5x108 bolt pattern is a PIA and way too expensive for where i live right now. My cars already been broken into twice and i am pretty sure ill end up in jail if i come out one morning and find a set of $3000 wheels and tires missing so i may stick with the OEMs that are on it, i like them anyway.

Comment

Is Statesville that bad? or where are you? I'm in Charlotte. Craigslist is your friend. Get a larger set of factories, space them out and change them to an oil rubbed Bronze or something. Will set the Wagon off nicely

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Originally posted by R2dmax View Post
                  Is Statesville that bad? or where are you? I'm in Charlotte. Craigslist is your friend. Get a larger set of factories, space them out and change them to an oil rubbed Bronze or something. Will set the Wagon off nicely
                  Not exactly, Statesville is actually a pretty quiet place but im in Greenville NC for schooling and whatnot. Greenville is... well.... its interesting to say the least. I like the idea of bronze on black though thats a definite possibility.

Comment

Why Not?

Well im bored and don't feel like studying for finals right at this second so im going to bump a useless thread.

Where to start........OH so i sold my Jeep since the 850r was running well. Soon after the 850r broke down again (blown turbo) and since there always seems to be something wrong with it and it was turning into a money pit, reliable transportation was sourced in the form of an 2006 Ford Mustang. Not like the cool GT or anything just a pony package v6 with a 5spd. For the record i wasnt looking for a Mustang and honestly im not big on Ford (unless its vintage) as a whole so a v6 Mustang was less than an ideal car for me, but it was cheap and kind of fell into my lap, i needed a car so screw it, I've grown to rather enjoy the car and its creature comforts. Maybe later i'll turn it into a mad tyte drift car or something...jk...maybe....probably because im broke.

On the topic of the 240sx after months of trying to consolidate the money to start bodywork i happened upon something while hanging out with my dad in the middle of no- where. I found a running, clean body, clean title, 89' hatch for way cheaper than the price of all the bodywork that would be required to get that car up to par, so mistakes were made and a new shell was acquired. The 93' will be my "learner" car and the 89' wont be touched until i get enough seat time to risk it so hopefully i can build it will leaning the ins and outs of drifting but once again im broke.

Thats about it. This all happened during or around summer break. Winter break is coming up so hopefully i can at least get the 89' stripped out to look for rust and what not. Im not working since my job is about 230 miles away and no one helps me with my cars aside from general maintenance and such so progress is snail paced at best. Just trying to stay motivated, I blew my money on a cleaner shell so i have to build that back up. Did i mention i was broke? Because i am.

Comment

haha holy crap, small world. My cousin lives near Statesville. Def wanna see some progress on the wagon though.

Comment

Originally posted by roboro View Post
                        haha holy crap, small world. My cousin lives near Statesville. Def wanna see some progress on the wagon though.
                        Wow most people around here have never heard of it, but yeah i would love to put some work into the wagon but i cant if it bleeds me dry every-time something breaks which with this car is quite often. Sadly the wagon will be put on hiatus until further notice.

Comment

Working...
                        X