My two current projects! Early Porsche 944 + 88 Dodge Omni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My two current projects! Early Porsche 944 + 88 Dodge Omni

ayy, just to give some back info, My name's Preston and I'm 16 years old, I turn 17 in Dec!
    My first car was a 93 Mazda Mx6 LS that I bought for 600. I couldn't drive back then so it stayed in my yard for 2 months, Then I sold it for 1400.. 800 Dollar profit off nothing..

Then I bought a 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD for 1200, Here's the AMAZING build; http://imgur.com/a/S99CN

Then I found a 1983 Porsche 944 with 83k miles, The guy was a DSMer so I offered him a trade. but I kept my: Turbo, FMIC, Exhaust n some little things.

\\sold the porshce

Now after I sold all the parts I made about 1k.. After buying parts n all, heard from a neighbor that one of our neighbors wants to sell her car, he said he wants 300 for it.. So I finally thought about buying it and then knocked on her door asking if she'd want to sell it.. She's 88 years old and has a bad knee and the brake booster is BAD on the Omni, so she stopped driving it, then her knee got worse, her drivers license expired and her doctor told her she cant drive anymore.. Here's the info in it, 1988 Dodge Omni, 47k ORIGINAL MILES, One owner, garage kept its whole life!
    I offered her 400 for it and she was happy!

Needs a brake booster asap.. I want to do new belts all around and lower it. I'm probably going to cut one coil or half a coil.

You can see most of my builds here:
    http://snipers.imgur.com/
    Last edited by Pyramid; 01-13-2015, 03:40 PM. Reason: jdm yo
    1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
    1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (traded)
    1983 Porsche 944
    1988 Dodge Omni

If you're lookin for some Omni inspiration, check out dart165's build thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Arrowheads View Post
      If you're lookin for some Omni inspiration, check out dart165's build thread.
      Yeah I saw that build. I wish mine was turbod. I would have put my 16g on it. but. I'm going to make the omni my dd and drive the Porsche when I can.
      1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
      1983 Porsche 944
      1988 Dodge Omni

Comment

Update:
        Most of my 944 parts came in today c:
        Also got new wheels for the omni! They're 16s :/ but I traded for a radio i had sitting round ever sense I sold my talon.

New wheels:

The parts I got for my 944:

Also working on the wiring on the 944.

Don't mind my old man socks :p
        1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
        1983 Porsche 944
        1988 Dodge Omni

Comment

thinking of selling the Porsche. I have a feeling im going to get raped on the insurance. .
          1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
          1983 Porsche 944
          1988 Dodge Omni

Comment

for the omni, also look at euro opel kadett D

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Not much of an update but need 3 more tires for the new wheels I bought. Got a brake booster for 35 shipped. Also the brakes are frozen on the omni so looks like going to do a full brake job.. Also still trying to sell the Porsche. I fixed the steering wheel play. Need to fix the fucked up wiring.
              1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
              1983 Porsche 944
              1988 Dodge Omni

Comment

Maybe you can get your parents to put the Porsche in their name, so you can get their rates, but you still pay for it? My parents did that for me and that's the only way my DD when I was 16 was an LS1 Trans Am.
                Last edited by jfunkexpress; 11-17-2014, 08:30 AM.

Comment

yeah might just do that for both of them I want to start driving asap but idk if or how taking my driving test in the snow..
                  1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
                  1983 Porsche 944
                  1988 Dodge Omni

Comment

I'm jealous of that Omni. $400 for a car with 47k original miles on it - unreal! I paid $2,000 for my '97 Civic HX beater that had 188k on it when I bought it.
                    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

yo so i started to tare apart the omni today. it was actually nice outside for once! But I got a offer for my 944. This guy offered me a 1961 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 and 500$ cash. It needs quite abit of work tho.. I'll post pics if anyone wants to see it lol
                      1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
                      1983 Porsche 944
                      1988 Dodge Omni

Comment

I want to see it

Comment

Originally posted by RocketSled View Post
                          I want to see it
                          I don't think im going to trade for it. the motor is frozen and is to much damn work.

I replaced the brake booster and when i took it out looked like the master cyl was leaking so I bought one for only 23$ dollars from orileys. Also got all the amp wire ran threw, and as for the 944 the steering column is put back correctly! almost got the AC/heat put back in it. I don't know what I want to do with the Porsche..
                          1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
                          1983 Porsche 944
                          1988 Dodge Omni

Comment

Well got rid of the Porsche. I got a 1969 Chevy c10 1/2ton with a 305 w/ cam and $250
                            1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
                            1983 Porsche 944
                            1988 Dodge Omni

Comment

Alright so now I own my omni, a 94 teggy and my truck.. I bought a s14 for 200$ then traded it for the teggy. Today I cut 1 full coil off the fronts of my Omni, I still have the 13s on it. I might slap on my 15" steelies from the teg. I also found someone selling some 15s I might buy. I'll post pics of the work.

And for the Omni so far ive replaced the Brake booster, Master cyl, front brake hoses and a new battery. Also installed a radio, subs n new front speakers.
                              1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
                              1983 Porsche 944
                              1988 Dodge Omni

Comment

Working...
                              X