Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Another Daily Driven Civic

Got this today

2006 Honda Civic Lx with a 5-speed manual. Tan cloth interior, power windows and locks, sunroof, 5-spoke alloy wheels, 4-wheel disc brakes. I'm honestly pretty content with the options on it, most of my cars prior to this were base model with few creature comforts so this is ballin as far as I'm concerned.

My old civic is the red one, destined for sale now that I'm in something newer and more reliable.

I ordered a new shift knob before I even got the car because I knew the OEM blew dog nuts.

I plan to tint the windows, lower the car, and buy the entire Mugen lip kit (including the third brake light and spoiler).
    Wheels are undecided as of yet but I'm thinking of the 17" 10-spoke OEM wheels or something aftermarket.
    Not trying to go overboard with performance parts yet but I've already tracked down a Civic Si muffler from this generation so I might actually hear the car when I get on the throttle. I'll probably pick up a cold air intake and call it a wrap until I can afford to build it for turbo or swap a K-series in.
    Also intend to switch to leather seats with ass warmers because winters up here are miserable.
    Last edited by kboers; 07-29-2015, 10:51 AM.
    Hold on, Not done accelerating

Glad you chose a newer civic. Hondas are that brand where you have so much space for improvement and customization. I'm looking forward to what you are going to do with this base model. Sub'd
    Last edited by AKToyotaluv; 11-08-2014, 08:48 PM. Reason: I messed up

Comment

Small updates:
      2 inch lowering springs

and a shift knob

I don't have any pictures but I got a Civic Si muffler and deleted the resonator, which has given the car an awesome exhaust tone when I let off the throttle at higher rpms. Tinted the windows, 35% front, 20% rear using precut tint. Made a license plate bracket and installed tinted covers to carry the blacked out look. I'm working on installing a sound system now. I have an aftermarket radio, 12" square kicker subwoofer, 760watt Pioneer amp, and a 400watt 4-way Boss amp. But I need to get a dash kit, door and deck speakers, and a lot more wiring to install everything properly.

Oh and I poorly painted my grill, broke the badge trying to take it off, then half-ass sanded the poor paintjob and plastidipped it. Still looks like shit but my dislike of chrome is sated. I'm going to order red badges eventually but they're not high up the priority list.

My next modifications are going to include extended lug studs and spacers, a cold air intake, header, downpipe and high-flow catalytic converter. I'm also planning on painting the brake calipers and wheels black, and repainting the entire front clip since it's covered in stone chips.
      Last edited by kboers; 08-12-2015, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Come on man.

Screw the sound system and go for some new wheels and shit. Otherwise this will be like every half modified civic ever.

Please don't do red calipers or oem wheels black. Pleeeeaaaase. Also, why would you throw headers and a full exhaust on a stock R18? Your money would be much better invested in a good quality suspension setup, like coilovers, thicker sway bars, and poly bushings and such. Or on some good quality wheels.

Just trying to steer you in the right direction man, no ****. I don't want to see you wasting money just to realize that unless you really build the r18 it will never sound good or be as quick as a k20.
        Last edited by rice4life; 07-29-2015, 01:26 AM.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by kboers View Post
          My old civic is the red one, destined for sale now
          (ಥ ̯ ಥ)

Congrats on the new Civic though
          Originally posted by FunfGang
          But lol at the "meaty look" "coming back".
          Originally posted by Dudermagee
          XXr's, homey.

Comment

As a fellow R18 owner, I have to say I agree with rice4life. R18s are practically built to be stanced...good on gas, slow, decent sound, and our pan is a touch higher than the K series pan. Trust me when I say don't even bother with performance lol. On the stereo subject, the stock lx speakers are literally trash, I would need audio if I had yours lol. I lucked out with the premium audio system in my ex.

As a side note, you absolutely cannot go low with the Mugen kit. You'll pretty much need 18s to be flush because of how low it is.

Glad to see someone modding an R18 though!
            Last edited by Sprinqer; 07-29-2015, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post

Screw the sound system and go for some new wheels and shit. Otherwise this will be like every half modified civic ever.
              LOL what, the stock speakers in these cars and 90% of cars are horrid. As a fan of good audio then spend some $$ on decent stuff.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Come on man.

Please don't do red calipers or oem wheels black. Pleeeeaaaase. Also, why would you throw headers and a full exhaust on a stock R18? Your money would be much better invested in a good quality suspension setup, like coilovers, thicker sway bars, and poly bushings and such. Or on some good quality wheels.

Just trying to steer you in the right direction man, no ****. I don't want to see you wasting money just to realize that unless you really build the r18 it will never sound good or be as quick as a k20.
                I'm not trying to get crazy with performance on this car because I commute to school. But a full exhaust and a decent cold air intake aren't expensive and will satisfy the bug inside me that wants to modify everything. The wheels are getting painted black but that's cause everything is getting painted black.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinqer View Post
                  As a fellow R18 owner, I have to say I agree with rice4life. R18s are practically built to be stanced...good on gas, slow, decent sound, and our pan is a touch higher than the K series pan. Trust me when I say don't even bother with performance lol. On the stereo subject, the stock lx speakers are literally trash, I would need audio if I had yours lol. I lucked out with the premium audio system in my ex.

As a side note, you absolutely cannot go low with the Mugen kit. You'll pretty much need 18s to be flush because of how low it is.

Glad to see someone modding an R18 though!
                  Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                  LOL what, the stock speakers in these cars and 90% of cars are horrid. As a fan of good audio then spend some $$ on decent stuff.
                  Woah, the sound system is really that bad? I've never been in a honda with a stock sound system, so I just assumed that everyone likes to feel gangster and waste money by throwing 2 12"s in the back. Didn't know it was pretty much a necessity.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                  @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

there is some potential! ONLY 2 inches drop though? I'm sorry is this a 4x4 forums?

Just kidding. good start. And I think if you paint your stock wheel black it will look meh. Stock wheels are small and if you are not slammed black wheels stock size looks very meh from my experience and opinion. Stock silver would look better until you can get some nicer wheels.
                    Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

Woah, the sound system is really that bad?

Originally posted by FunfGang
                      But lol at the "meaty look" "coming back".
                      Originally posted by Dudermagee
                      XXr's, homey.

Comment

Build looks good so far! Sent you a PM, can't wait to see progress on this thing, these civics have a lot of potential.
                        My Build:

Comment

I think silver calipers on black wheels would look nice. And i'd say no to plasti dip, but it's your car. Just keep doing you man.

Comment

Woah, the sound system is really that bad? I've never been in a honda with a stock sound system, so I just assumed that everyone likes to feel gangster and waste money by throwing 2 12"s in the back. Didn't know it was pretty much a necessity.
                            srry 2 thread jack

Yes, the stock system literally makes me want to punch myself in the throat. It is the only thing that makes me NOT want to listen to music.

Comment

Smallish update

Got a set of the OEM Civic Si 17" wheels for a deal and had a set of fitting tires at work. They fill they wheel wells up a little better plus now I can mount my snow tires on the 16's.
                              Repainted the grill but still need to paint the front clip and the wheels because it's awful to look at.
                              Last edited by kboers; 08-12-2015, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X