Kiki.......the forester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiki.......the forester

well traded the truck finally that im sure most wont remember the other day and picked this up

1999 forester 5mt on some salad shooters

Has some jdm bits like the hood and grill and rear wing. Also obx headers and some kinda cat back. Also is on rokkor coils that actually ride amazingly.

gas pump by minthinrich, on Flickr
    driveway by minthinrich, on Flickr
    driveway 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    school lot 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Mixed on the salad shooters at this point, but they are 9.5 all around and actually fit half decently, but need new tires so maybe they will end up being winter wheels like the original owner had them (not the guy I got it from)

Also came with a set of 17x10 esm bbs rs reps, which I will be test fitting tomorrow and hopefully they fit half decently.

reps by minthinrich, on Flickr

here is why I will be raising it for the time being, also going to plate the header the best I can. I need it for a daily for a while when I start to tear into my jeep.

exhaust 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Nooooo.... keep the salads!

Comment

Originally posted by sleeps View Post
        Nooooo.... keep the salads!
        Id like to but 16s are a little small for this car
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

hmm maybe with a fatter tyre you could pull off the 16's

interested to c where you take this, as i've liked your previous builds
          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Big fan of any kind of subaru stuff. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

Comment

Boo!..
              That Long bed was bad ass..

I think you might find the Forester a tremendous shit box. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just going off past experience with these things.

You should start buying oil in bulk at Costco.

Comment

Kiki.......the forester

Well started the process of raising the coilovers, and well yeah they are seized bad. Have one soaking but seems like I'll end up just getting another set which was Gonna be my tire budget.

Test fit one of the esm tho

Last edited by hinrichs; 11-03-2014, 09:02 AM.
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Did end up putting a skid plate on the exhaust, and learned I need to helicoil 5 out of the 6 exhaust studs since bolts were used and ruined them all. Havnt found teplacement studs either yet.

Last edited by hinrichs; 11-03-2014, 09:02 AM.
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Those coils look like they have definitely seen the wrong side of salted roads. Maybe lightly wire brushing the threads, and then try a 50/50 mix of ATF and acetone. That stuff works WONDERS.

Comment

Originally posted by speakerboy View Post
                      Those coils look like they have definitely seen the wrong side of salted roads. Maybe lightly wire brushing the threads, and then try a 50/50 mix of ATF and acetone. That stuff works WONDERS.
                      hmm may have to try that and soak them, other issue is that the coil wrenches don't really fit anymore since all the collars have been damaged, so it seems like new coils will be ordered today hopefully.

Id love to save these since they do ride well, but I cant stay at this height and I need to drive it...and yes it hits literally everything and I do know how to drive low.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                        and yes it hits literally everything and I do know how to drive low.
                        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                          Guess that came out wrong. I am trying to figure out a way to tuck the headers up, but not sure how easy that will be.
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Love this, wish I could get my hands on one. Cant wait to see it on the new wheels. In for this.

Comment

You can get the exhaust studs from the dealer - or here :

What offset are those the BBS reps?

Also, apparently we think alike - I have a silver 2003 forester, and will probably have RS reps shortly....

Excited to see how it comes together. Keep it up!

Comment

Working...
                              X