Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '89 E32 735iA from Good Old Germany

Hey guys,

I've been in this forum as a passive member for a while now. Since I bougth a BMW E32 a few days ago as my new daily, I decided to become more active

I'm 30 years old and I'm usually into Benz, owned some and still own this beauty as my Summerride:

It's an CE300 from 1991 with automatic Transmission. My father owned it once and I took it for my W201 when he decided to buy a S212. It's mostly in an original condition except for the LPG System wich I will take out this winter. Perhaps I will lower it a little bit, but far from real stance.

Before I baught the Bimmer, I used this piece of crap as my Daily:

It's a S124 220 TE. It was a rusty, ugly and filthy piece of shit. The seats were almost destroyed, water was leaking in through the back windows and it it smelled like a mixture of booze, wet dog and petrol. But actually I liked it a lot. The trunk is more than 2m long and you can easily sleep in it at a music festival. Or do whatever you want to do with random girls....
    We once painted it with chalk spray. Drove 300km with the paint on it after a music festival and everybody was slowing down to take a look at our gipsy cab. Took me three hours to get the paint off. Was totally worth it. And yes, it says "free candy" on the side. It worked!

This is my new one. I only have these crappy Smartphone pics, but I own a DSLR and will take some nice pics when I have some time. I took those pics on the day I bought the car:

It's a 1989 735iA. I bought it from a car enthusiastic who used it as a daily for two years. I think it looks a little used but the technical things are in a really good shape. The front axle is completly new, the motor is in excellent condition. The paint has a lot of marks and dents but that doesn't bother me much. It's only a daily
    It's lowered with an Eibach 40/40 and bilstein suspension. Inside are electric black leather sport seats from an E34 and the great coumputer system. I **** those Steel rims, but the owner wanted to keep his Rims.
    There will be a lot more pics in the future.

I want to change/repair a few things:
    - some 17" wheels with 225/45 for the upcoming winterseason.
    - some 18" wheels for next summer
    - complete service of all liquids
    - polishing the paint
    - put some audio in
    - get the interiour in a good shape
    - change the headlights to darker ones
    - replace one of the ABS sensors
    - fill up the air-conditioning
    - some other stuff

My family is kind of a "car-family" We are all completly into Benz, and my father said he will desinherit me when he heard that I drive the bimmer now. He himself drove an E21 for a few years, so I think he's just joking...hopefully We own a beatiful R107 420SL in midnight green, beige leather and mint condtition (wich I will inherit later), a black S212 220CDI, a grey S204 220CDI and a grey W201 1,8. So that's my background and I will face some serious discussions when I show up with the bimmer.

I like this forum and blog a lot. There are some nice builds and a lot of really nice guys showing their skills and ideas. Glad to be a part of this community now
    Last edited by Kassierer; 10-21-2014, 08:07 AM.
    "Ich glaube an das Pferd. Das Automobil ist nur eine vorübergehende Erscheinung."

"I believe in horses. Cars are only a temporary appearance."

Kaiser Wilhelm II., former emperor of the German Reich from 1888-1918.
Working...
X