Track day Bro?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track day Bro?!

So I figured I would finally make an account here and build thread after browsing occasionally.
    My name is matt, and I have a 1991 miata that consumes all of my money.
    Iv'e had the car since may so a few things have changed since then.

pretty much how I got the car.
    lowered on bilstein shocks with what I assume is ebay lowering springs. quite rough.
    Ebay wheels plastidipped white.

got some racecar intakes.
    Then I got a ebay GV lip, and some fiberglass feed style side diffusers.

then decided to make some changes.... Re-plastidipped the wheels to gunemetal grey with chameleon on top. and a garagestar tow hook!

Happy with the car as of now. still some big plans for it though.
    Hopefully by the end of the year I'll have new seats (current one is ripped ) and some interior stuff done.
    and of course a hardtop since my rear window leaks and is duck taped.
    then ill be looking for a set of Work meister cr01 and hankook rs3's to stepup that wheel game. As for fitment, It'll prolly end up being pretty beefy but still low.
    Last edited by mx5_matt; 10-14-2014, 08:34 PM.
    IG - mx5_matt
    daily/track lowered 91' miata

Welcome to stance/works. Not a bad start. Looking forward to updates.
    When in doubt, cut it out...
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39445 <<<<<<< Check out my BUILD!!!!

Comment

regular car reviews are my sheeeeit lol, ITS THE BEST! good looking car so far though, makes me miss my last 2

Comment

welll... thanks to some thieves I no longer have my crappy Grant gt wheel, sunglasses, or my lowered lifestyle license plate frame.

luckily a friend is letting me borrow his old oem wheel until my leather Personal grinta and guick release arrive .
        Also came close to buying a hardtop but the deal fell through. hopefully gonna have the wheel in time for ILDS winterfest.
        IG - mx5_matt

Comment

Nice car so far!!
          What mods are you planning for the engine ?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmeke View Post
            Nice car so far!!
            What mods are you planning for the engine ?
            prolly gonna stay NA for a while. its a high mileage motor thats starting to smoke a little so prolly gonna swap the 1.6 then piece together a t25 turbo kit. I mostly want a megasquirt for two step and fire
            IG - mx5_matt

Comment

great stuff
              FUEL INJECTED SUICIDE MACHINE

Comment

ITS THE BEST! good looking car so far though, makes me miss my last 2

Comment

Love the thread title haha You've got to love Regular car reviews!

Good work so far, this makes me miss my Eunos
                  My '88 Golf GTI - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59460

lowered, because it makes the boobies bounce

Comment

Take dem fenders off boi!
                    When in doubt, cut it out...
                    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39445 <<<<<<< Check out my BUILD!!!!

Comment

Needs flares, wide wheels, and meaty tires.

Looks great good start

Comment

Wow, Been awhile since iv'e updated this thread. figured I'd get back into to document any progression.
                        back in november, had my grant gt steering wheel stolen, so I replace it with something much nicer, and on a quick release so I can bring it inside with me.

I also got some minty vinyl leather wrapped OEM seats to replace my torn cloth seats.

and just recently installed some Raceland headers and a test pipe. wiped down with vodka before first startup for a nice gold sheen to it.

in the next week or two, I'm ordering new tires, brakes and a new shift knob. possibly gonna cut my rear bumper as well.
                        IG - mx5_matt

Comment

wait whats the vodka trick
                          IG: Dimitriantoniou
                          1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
                          1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

Originally posted by meech View Post
                            wait whats the vodka trick
                            Read on a miata forum of someone wiping down the stainless steel headers with isopropyl alcohol, then with plain vodka, when the vodka heats up for the first time, it gives the headers a gold tint to them instead of the silver.
                            IG - mx5_matt

Comment

Another small update. got a few more parts.

Got tired of my cheap NRG universal knob, and got a weighted mishimoto knob

And found a set of cheap TR motorsports C3M in 15x9 +36 from a local racer. selling the slightly used r888's and putting some 195 dz102's on em.

IG - mx5_matt

Comment

Working...
                              X